Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Airnet Input

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 02:23 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Default Airnet Input

A little while ago I interviewed and was hired by Airnet. Needless to say I am excited! Though I am just curious , if the upgrade to lear jet captain is still attainable within 3 years, sic prop - pic jet? I am also curious about what a guy can make flying the props if he were willing to work his butt off on holidays and flying extra time? As far as pay, Airnets website is far different from the APC payscale. Any input on Airnet is much appreciated over any facet of the company!

P.S. Hope I don't make enemies by saying this, but contrary to a few others, I really didn't think Bill or Craig were all that bad. Extremely sarcastic YES mean-spirited NO!
Old 01-06-2008, 07:12 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2007

Way to go on the job Dane. I've been meaning to call and congradulate ya. I'm hoping to interview there later this year. I second your question. The other thread on Airnet has some good info, but I'd love to learn more about pay and the chances of working out of PDX or BFI.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:11 PM
On Reserve

Hey, it is good to hear from ya buddy. And thanks! As far as applying, do it now! They will probably tell you to build your time up to 1100 any ways like me. Oh and PDX and BFI are dreams until we become lear jet pilots it looks like. Unless the new business they have is going to require a prop or two coming out west.
Old 01-06-2008, 11:52 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008

They have a caravan out here...
Old 01-07-2008, 09:37 AM
Line Holder

I find that working for Airnet has been an experience I would not trade for anything. Granted it has it's downsides like everywhere else. You will gain experience here that will help you for the rest of your career and personally I find it better in some respects than going to a regional. About the only way you will be able to work your butt off and make some bank is working as a reserve pilot in C-bus. Working at a base where you are the only pilot and have a regular schedule it is hard to pick up work. Not saying you can't, but the opportunity doesn't arrise very often.

As for upgrading into the jet, I've been here since April 07' (Prop sic for a couple months) and I will be eligible to upgrade to the jet by March. Then I basically wait for my senority number to come up and bid aggresive for a jet SIC spot. Hopefully by Summer I'll have a spot if the attrition rate we had in 07' rolls over to 08'. Then all you need is 500hrs in the lear to upgrade to the PIC. I'm not sure how long that would take for a senority number to come up. My answer to you is YES you could get into a lear PIC spot in 3 years only IF you bid EVERYTHING in the lear and be flexible. My mindset is that I'm at Airnet to build my experience and do anything to gain that experience. Some people have a different mindset. just my .02
Old 01-07-2008, 02:40 PM
On Reserve

Right on ackeight! Thanks for the reply! Trying to get that great experience for myself brotha. Reserve is exactly what I am trying to do at first for the "across-country" experience, flying in almost every region if possible sounds cool. Got nothing tying me down so I will just have to float.

My fingers are crossed for the attrition and your upgrade broheim! Not to get too personal though, but what is your average pay over in the props at Airnet. Website says 28k people on APC say 39k. Just curious.

P.S. When I make it to the lear I got the first round and I'll take the bigger chic!
Old 01-07-2008, 04:11 PM
Line Holder

I have no idea where they get their numbers from. It's not too hard to figure out what base pay in the props is. Just take $13.47 and multiply by 160 hrs. That is your monthly pay. Then 12 months. In reality base pay is $25.8K unless you add in the $3k "bonus". Lucky for me I go into overtime every night and make a little more.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:29 AM
On Reserve

Ackeight, thanks for the info. And if you don't mind me bothering you a little more, how many legs do you fly a night and about how long are the legs in time.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:42 AM
Stethoscope

Joined APC: Feb 2006

i thought i read somewhere here that airnet were not taking anymore SIC in the props until around march or something? is this true?
Old 01-08-2008, 03:26 PM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by Great Dane View Post
Ackeight, thanks for the info. And if you don't mind me bothering you a little more, how many legs do you fly a night and about how long are the legs in time.
I have a duty rig of 12.0hrs (duty day 12hrs block 6hrs) 5 legs (.5+2.0+.7+.8+2.0). I fly 4 days a week and 100hrs/month. So I keep pretty busy only flying 16 days/month. Hope this answered your questions.