Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Cape Air

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 05:20 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: Captain part 135

Originally Posted by BelowMins View Post
I didn't hear about the meeting until I came onto this board. That's pretty poor communication. Maybe this new guy will fix this.

The fact that CAPA is allowed to use company e-mail, and IBT is not, should tell you who management is supporting.

-WTHO
CAPA (Cape Air Pilot’s Association) is nothing more than a management contrived effort to decertify the teamsters and bust the union. The founders of this movement were adamantly against unionization at 9k when the IBT was voted in. If you go to their web site you will find links to anti-organized labor sites. This is very confusing (and telling): a union that is opposed to organized labor?????? And yes, the fact that 9k management allow CAPA to use company e-mail (the e-mail that is required to be checked daily) to distribute their propaganda says it all. Since management lets CAPA use company e-mail, I wonder if they will let CAPA use the company attorneys to negotiate with management? Don’t be suckered into believing that CAPA is a valid attempt at collective bargaining.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:39 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: DA50EX

Originally Posted by NightIP View Post
Hey! I'm trying to get to LEB next month.
The actual LEB lines aren't too bad just the BOS spare thing would get old.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:57 PM
Tuk er jerbs!

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: B747 Left

Originally Posted by FlyingChipmunk View Post
The actual LEB lines aren't too bad just the BOS spare thing would get old.
Didn't realize they had one of those. Just sit around and wait for them to need you to go to LEB? Sounds...riveting.

Oh, how about we start a pool on when this bid is coming out.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:05 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Didn't realize they had one of those. Just sit around and wait for them to need you to go to LEB? Sounds...riveting.

Oh, how about we start a pool on when this bid is coming out.
Seriously this is getting ridiculous. I have been checking my email every couple min. looking for it.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:26 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by bullmechum View Post
CAPA (Cape Air Pilot’s Association) is nothing more than a management contrived effort to decertify the teamsters and bust the union. The founders of this movement were adamantly against unionization at 9k when the IBT was voted in. If you go to their web site you will find links to anti-organized labor sites. This is very confusing (and telling): a union that is opposed to organized labor?????? And yes, the fact that 9k management allow CAPA to use company e-mail (the e-mail that is required to be checked daily) to distribute their propaganda says it all. Since management lets CAPA use company e-mail, I wonder if they will let CAPA use the company attorneys to negotiate with management? Don’t be suckered into believing that CAPA is a valid attempt at collective bargaining.
I don't disagrees with what your saying but, there is a lot of contempt towards IBT with they way they have handled things the last couple years.

I haven't made my mind up one way or the other hopefully one of the groups stands out by the time of the election.

Will there be a third option for no union?

Last edited by FlyingChipmunk; 04-01-2009 at 08:14 AM.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:47 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2009
Position: ERJ right

I don't disagrees with what your saying but, there is a lot of contempt towards IBT with they way they have handled things the last couple years.

I haven't made my mind up one way or the other hopefully one of the groups stands out by the time of the election.

Will there be a third option for no union?

Hey TGAR the couch was treating me well but no more LEB spare we met our numbers now I'm a true BOS back up.

As far as the company e-mail thing IBT asked 9K if they could and they said no.

Also a fact about the NetJets decertification of IBT which CAPA always references: NJA decertified IBT AFTER they got an industry leading contract and it took over 3 years for that to happen.

Where did you go by the way haven't seen you in a while?

-WTHO
Old 04-01-2009, 03:04 PM
Tuk er jerbs!

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: B747 Left

Seriously this is getting ridiculous. I have been checking my email every couple min. looking for it.
I thought this thing was supposed to be out today? April Fools, I guess.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:02 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by BelowMins View Post
Hey TGAR the couch was treating me well but no more LEB spare we met our numbers now I'm a true BOS back up.

As far as the company e-mail thing IBT asked 9K if they could and they said no.

Also a fact about the NetJets decertification of IBT which CAPA always references: NJA decertified IBT AFTER they got an industry leading contract and it took over 3 years for that to happen.

Where did you go by the way haven't seen you in a while?

-WTHO
I've got nothing but time off this bid . Gonna be heading down to MTH for a few this week though.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:05 PM
Gets Weekends Off

I thought this thing was supposed to be out today? April Fools, I guess.
Its not like anyones lives depend on these transition bids, you can just guess at what base your gonna get and sign a lease on blind luck...
Old 04-01-2009, 05:52 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2009
Position: ERJ right

I've got nothing but time off this bid . Gonna be heading down to MTH for a few this week though.
When are you gonna be down there until? I might be flying MTH to RSW on the 12th.