Search
Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Cape Air

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 10:10 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2008

Whats the pay scale at cape air? does the company help out with relocation to san juan? or in nantucket? thanks..
Old 10-14-2008, 12:22 PM
Asphalt Cowboy

Joined APC: Dec 2006
Position: Shotty!!

Originally Posted by contrails12 View Post
Whats the pay scale at cape air? does the company help out with relocation to san juan? or in nantucket? thanks..
Payscale for C-402 PIC's is $15/duty hour. It's very easy to get overtime here and you get time and a half for any work past 40 hours in the week in the US, or after 8 hours in the day in Puerto Rico. We're working with the folks on this site to get a Cape Air profile up on airlinepilotcentral.com, so keep an eye out for that in the near future.

The company provides you with a nice check to help with relocation expenses to the Caribbean as well as a $3/hour override while you're down there. No pilots are required to live on Nantucket. If you have to fly out of Nantucket, you'll either fly the plane there yourself or deadhead to pick it up.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:58 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2007

Hey TurboDVR42
Thanks for the heads up about the times. Quick question though, did you get hired a while ago as in you were sitting in a pool and just got called or was it a more recent thing? If it was a more recent interview did you have anyone walk in your papers? Also did you request the ATR or did you get put in it? Good luck at training and thanks for all the info!!

XCRunner
Old 10-14-2008, 04:31 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Position: C402, on the side with the switches!

Originally Posted by smithee6 View Post
got a call from gene the other day. I guess since they're so busy with training they're not having another class till December 1st. Anyone else in the November classes get called??
That frustrates me quite a bit...

I've been calling and sending emails trying to get filled in on what's going on, but I've heard nothing in weeks. I haven't spoken with anyone since Krista invited me to training, and that was just about a month ago. I was supposed to get some documents and whatnot in the mail... never got those either.

If it's trues that the November class is cancelled... well, that's kind of annoying. Understandable, but just really frustrating. We've all been waiting for this class to start, and now we've got to wait another month. I see that as another month of uncertainty, another month they have to cancel it on us.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:35 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: 9K Captain, Furloughed OH

Originally Posted by Mitragorz View Post
That frustrates me quite a bit...

I've been calling and sending emails trying to get filled in on what's going on, but I've heard nothing in weeks. I haven't spoken with anyone since Krista invited me to training, and that was just about a month ago. I was supposed to get some documents and whatnot in the mail... never got those either.

If it's trues that the November class is cancelled... well, that's kind of annoying. Understandable, but just really frustrating. We've all been waiting for this class to start, and now we've got to wait another month. I see that as another month of uncertainty, another month they have to cancel it on us.

its ok... just keep calling, theyve been wicked busy with new hires and training etc... As for the paper work, they dont send it until two weeks before your class date...
Old 10-14-2008, 05:58 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Position: -800

Originally Posted by XCRunner View Post
Hey TurboDVR42
Thanks for the heads up about the times. Quick question though, did you get hired a while ago as in you were sitting in a pool and just got called or was it a more recent thing? If it was a more recent interview did you have anyone walk in your papers? Also did you request the ATR or did you get put in it? Good luck at training and thanks for all the info!!

XCRunner
I applied about three months ago. Got a call for an interview about 4 wks ago, interviewed the following week. Got a call with a job offer two days later. When I applied it was direct for the ATR FO position. I went to UND, and they had a job posting on the school website and that is when I applied. I did not have anyone walk my stuff in.

If you have anymore qs feel free to ask
Old 10-16-2008, 01:11 PM
Gets Weekends Off

I see that pay is $15/hr, but how many hours can you plan on working? whats a typical monthly take home pay? are they like the regionals where your pay goes up a lot after first year. do they provide housing..... what do most pilots do in san juan (crash pad style housing) i hear it is expensive down there. whats the interview consist of? do they have jumpseat agreements (i see they code share with jet blue). I know its a lot of questions. any info would be great.
Old 10-16-2008, 04:51 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: 777, sofa

Someone covered many of those questions recently...

Originally Posted by robthree View Post
Aileron,

Most of the information here http://www.airlinepilotforums.com/pa...-cape-air.html
and here http://www.airlinepilotforums.com/pa...ansitions.html
is still current and accurate.

Happy to answer any specific Q's you have.

- Rob.
Old 10-19-2008, 02:04 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Position: C402, on the side with the switches!

Did anyone else see the email that was sent out on Friday?
Old 10-20-2008, 07:18 AM
Line Holder

Position: ATP-CFII-MEI-AGI-IGI

Can new hire Cap. choose based in Boston all year?