Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Part 135
Can anyone tell me about Air Cargo Carriers?? >

Can anyone tell me about Air Cargo Carriers??

Search
Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Can anyone tell me about Air Cargo Carriers??

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 04:29 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008

Relax folks. Last down turn, there were some guys hired direct from furloughed regional guys. I'm sure that'll be the case this time around too. I for one would be happy to share the cockpit with you as would most others. There's plenty of great things you would bring here.

What most people don't want is the airline guy complaining "This isn't how we did it at xxx airlines".

Be prepared to load freight (sometimes or all the time), be actively able to troubleshoot your airplane + talk to maintenance about it and able to accept that our primary customer won't treat you very well most of the time.

This is the real-deal Freight dogging your grandpa told you about when you were in diapers. Its not too similar to where you are now so just be sure if its something you think you'd be interested in before committing to it.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:52 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007

Originally Posted by vere76 View Post
Is this company the same that does contract work out of Iraq
Anyone?

(why again ten characters?)
Old 10-08-2008, 08:26 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2007

Yes they are, I started a thread on it trying to find more information on the Iraq side of the operation. If you search for it, I'm sure you'll find it. To summarize though, they do not fly in Iraq (but they do.) That's what I gathered at least.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:41 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2007

Do they still upgarde once you have logged the PART 135 ATP mins or is it based on seniority now?
Old 10-10-2008, 05:46 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: On top.

Originally Posted by erjpilot7 View Post
Yeah SPDBOILER,
I agree. Unfortunately Jetcap37's attitude is the same poor one that most people in this industry have right now toward those of us on the street. After a couple of monhts of unemployment I'm here to tell you I'd do nearly anything to stay current and make money.
I don't understand this attitude that 121 guys are spoiled and don't like to work. Someday, maybe I'll be a cool Jetcap like him/her.
Not because you are out on the street, for that I hope you get a job soon.

Over the last many years, since mid nineties, every job I have worked there where always some furloughed regional guys working. They have, every single one of em, been the worst around. I still don't understand how some of them even got a pilot license, their work ethics were lousy, crying whenever they got called after 7 pm to go fly etc etc etc. Let's just call it experience of the years, but that what it has been.

I wish everybody the best in their career, but there is probably a reason why most look at the regional guys like that, not just me.

I ain't cool, I just worked hard and still do. Loading boxes and fly around Americas ain't all that bad.
Old 10-11-2008, 12:16 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006

Originally Posted by 08udaviator View Post
Just received a phone call and have an interview next Tuesday 10/7 for a first officer position. What has anyone heard of them or are there any current or ex-employees of Air Cargo Carriers out there? Any information on the interview or nature of the job and/or like or dislike schedule would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Hey, could you tell us your times and experience? I applied with 2500/850 and heard nothing back.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:21 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008

So how was the interview? Class date?
Old 10-16-2008, 11:59 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2008

Just applied hopefully they call back.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:50 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007

Originally Posted by erjpilot7 View Post
I don't understand this attitude that 121 guys are spoiled and don't like to work. I guess it is the bed that a very few of our brothers and sisters have made for us, and now we are all forced to lay in it.
Most likely the regional guys who were furloughed and then showed up at ACC were hired into the 121 job as the mins were ridiculously low. Many of those new hires were kids fresh out of school who thought that they must be gods gift to aviation to be hired so quickly as a cool airline pilot. Many were trust fund kids whose parents bought them the CRJ/ERJ types in advance to make their 300 hours total time look more competitive. Some training departments even made things easier to get these lowtimers through. These are the guys that most likely give us a bad name considering that 121 training typically doesn't allow anyone "lazy" to get through.

The other aspect here is that ACC guys tend to have a superiority complex over regional guys because they handfly below and in the Wx so they must be the real Chuck Yeagers. Never mind that they're puttin along only as fast as a flying cube will go. If slinging boxes and freezing is what they want to brag about in the name of work ethics, then Sigmund Freud could do a better job explaining their disdain for regional pilots.
Old 10-17-2008, 01:34 PM
Muy Importanté

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by SD3FR8DOG View Post
So how was the interview? Class date?
I thought it went well! And it did....but the class for Oct. 27th got canceled! What to do....