Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Part 135
Can anyone tell me about Air Cargo Carriers?? >

Can anyone tell me about Air Cargo Carriers??

Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Can anyone tell me about Air Cargo Carriers??

Old 10-03-2008, 08:14 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: CE-650

Usually the wv runs are easy to get as a new fo. But if a fo likes the run or has family there, you might not get it for a long time. The WV runs are tough, lots of cargo to load and weather that isn't fun on the ground or air. It's really hard to say where you will go, and when you are in class they won't tell you what is open. Again, you won't know until a few days before you're at your new base. Makes life alittle exciting.
Old 10-03-2008, 08:25 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Position: CE-650

another thing I'd like to add. Acc is a part 135 company, but its ran like a 121. We have the dispatch, training department, mechanics, and SOPs like 121.
There is a new president that started last month, and word is from people, this guy is great and a smart buisness man.
There are downsides with this company, but you can read about that from other people. I'm still enjoying my time here.
Old 10-03-2008, 10:22 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Speed tape and prayers

Thanks for the info Twebb, I'm putting everything together to submit my application today. If you can think of any other information please PM me and fill me in. Thanks again
Old 10-05-2008, 01:12 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Can't believe we're hiring...

But then again there is 'peak' for UPS coming up so good time to get in and finish training so you can get out and fly.

Might be a shock for some RJ folk applying here, but hey a job is good to have these days and we've been around for quite a while doing the same stuff.

If you can get a base and deal with the schedule (as said some are better than others) its not so bad.

Scheduled runs offer stability and an ability to plan your life, whereas non-sched side allows more time off and some more 'interesting' flying/experiences.

The pilots rock at ACC.
Old 10-05-2008, 04:50 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Sep 2008

Is this company the same that does contract work out of Iraq
Old 10-05-2008, 03:36 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: Grad school student - again...

I put an application in on Thursday and wondering how long it takes to get a call back?
Old 10-05-2008, 06:36 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2008

Twebb,

Thanks for the info on the WV runs. I live just a little west of Charleston and would love one of those runs. I'm furloughed 121 and as soon as I had a pretty good feeling I wasn't going to make the cut, I applied at ACC. I've been impressed by this company for a while now. I noticed that things appear very 121-like and I like that. I'm eager to cut my teeth on a workhorse like the Shorts and the people that I've talked to are very enthusiastic and helpful. Thanks again for the info. It helps to know everything you can especially in these times.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:16 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: On top.

Don't think Paul and Steve are looking for furloughed Regional pilots. I am sure there might be a good one walking around, just very hard to find
And most of em are not ready (read "made") for hard work and real work.
But the good news is, if you ever get hired from the regionals, you still get to parade around the airport in your uniform when you jumpseat
Old 10-07-2008, 04:06 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: Yes & Yes!

Originally Posted by Jetcap37 View Post
Don't think Paul and Steve are looking for furloughed Regional pilots. I am sure there might be a good one walking around, just very hard to find
But the good news is, if you ever get hired from the regionals, you still get to parade around the airport in your uniform when you jumpseat
You have got to be kidding me! Get over yourself.

I would research this one very carefully. Search this forum for prior posts. Some happy to work for ACC....some, not so much.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:26 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2008

Originally Posted by Jetcap37 View Post
Originally Posted by SPDBOILER View Post
You have got to be kidding me! Get over yourself.

I would research this one very carefully. Search this forum for prior posts. Some happy to work for ACC....some, not so much.
Yeah SPDBOILER,
I agree. Unfortunately Jetcap37's attitude is the same poor one that most people in this industry have right now toward those of us on the street. After a couple of monhts of unemployment I'm here to tell you I'd do nearly anything to stay current and make money.
I don't understand this attitude that 121 guys are spoiled and don't like to work. I guess it is the bed that a very few of our brothers and sisters have made for us, and now we are all forced to lay in it.
This attitude really does seem to prevail though. Not saying it is for sure true at ACC, but I think it is definately out there elsewhere. I'm by no means over qualified for anything in this job market, but do have some valuable experience and perfect work history, no disciplinary issues, etc., and nothing so far. I like to think I paid a very fair amount of dues. I wasn't a 250-hour, no actual IMC wonder out of a massive 141 school. I instructed for several years and stratched and clawed my way through multi-time, and had quite a bit when I got my regional job.
I'm lost on the "parade around in uniform" comment when jumpseating. I did nearly anything to keep from wearing my uniform anywhere except the airport. If I so much as pumped gas on my way home, I took my uniform shirt off.
Oh well. I guess I just have to work that much harder for a break now. I only hope that anyone else who reads this understands that most 121 guys and gals are not as Jetcap portrays them. Someday, maybe I'll be a cool Jetcap like him/her.