Search
Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Bayside aquires Flight Express

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 04:00 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008

I think the better question is who will Daddy Bayside go after next? Ameriflight? Just a thought. It seems like they are trying to pool all us 135 operators together to make some kind of small package entity. Besides different balance sheets and seniority lists I'd say Airnet and Flight Express are one company now. Both answer to the same boss and both will be flying the same work. Anyone else care to make a ridiculous prediction based almost soley on heresay and the rest on the occasional ambiguous press release from big daddy B.
Old 10-31-2008, 05:00 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: LJ35 PIC

As far as Bayside and the upper management of AirNet and Flight Express is concerned you could probably argue the two companies are one. From a day to day operational standpoint we are being told that the two will operate separately and at this point there will be no merging.

But who really knows?
Old 10-31-2008, 06:05 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2007

Originally Posted by kodiakallstar View Post
I think the better question is who will Daddy Bayside go after next? Ameriflight? Just a thought. It seems like they are trying to pool all us 135 operators together to make some kind of small package entity. Besides different balance sheets and seniority lists I'd say Airnet and Flight Express are one company now. Both answer to the same boss and both will be flying the same work. Anyone else care to make a ridiculous prediction based almost soley on heresay and the rest on the occasional ambiguous press release from big daddy B.
I don't think they can bag a beast as big as Ameriflight. More like that's the competition that requires conglomeration as the check runs dry up. From a soulless CEO perspective, it makes pretty good sense. FLX is just big enough to be a sensible investment, but not so big that they'll find themselves fighting themselves for work. If they were going to keep buying places up, I'd look at RAM, and they'll have a lock on piston freight flying east of the Mississippi. Now, why you'd want a lock on piston freight flying anywhere in the shadow of Check 21 is anyone's guess. Shot in the dark, but best of all possible worlds, they keep the lears for super time-critical stuff like trans-continental medical stuff, and over time merge the two and whittle down the numbers as the check hauling goes away. The FLX stuff we did up north was 95% checks, but when I got TDY'd to Florida, there was a good deal of chemo, etc. And on Florida stage lengths, the 210 makes good economic sense. In this rosy view of the future, everything stays pretty much the same, but smaller. Airnet/FLX Barons handle the longer stage lengths up in the frozen tundra, Airnet Lears do the super-critical long distance stuff, and the FLX 210s continue to haul the rubber dog-doo in the southeast. Time will tell. I'll be crossing my fingers for both pilot groups.

PS. With the infusion of capital, I don't think it's out of the question that they'll get some spinny-jets for mid-length mid-country excursions. Metros? 1900s? Here's hoping.
Old 10-31-2008, 10:01 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jun 2008

...a ridiculous prediction based almost solely on hearsay and the rest on the occasional ambiguous press release from big daddy B:

Based on the cuts and slashes I've seen bayside implement, I can't see the 2 airlines operating separately for very long. A merger makes more sense from here. With that in mind... here's hoping your FLXers make CASS!