Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Red Wing Aero? (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/38296-red-wing-aero.html)

CosmoKramer86 09-08-2022 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Texadane (Post 3491496)
I just started with Red Wing and XO Jets. My understanding is they only offer E-3 visas now.

The company has changed a lot after Vistajet took over and the management is great! Our CP is from New Zealand and several of the pilots and are from commonwealth countries. In general, I favor those pilots as they seem to have a strong common sense about them. They all go above and beyond to help line pilots, and I'm very satisfied with working for them.

Glad to hear you’re enjoying Red Wing but be very wary of the VistaJet conglomerate. Also, ask the Kiwi why he had to give up an ACP position and the left seat of a Global over at XO to come fly a ragged out XL.

Peabody17 09-08-2022 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by CosmoKramer86 (Post 3491524)
Also, ask the Kiwi why he had to give up an ACP position and the left seat of a Global over at XO to come fly a ragged out XL.

https://images.app.goo.gl/aLTpEiu7EVRVNpid8

”Ooh, ooh, ooh, I know!!!”

Dubh 09-08-2022 04:30 PM

I just started with Red Wing and XO Jets. My understanding is they only offer E-3 visas now.

The company has changed a lot after Vistajet took over and the management is great! Our CP is from New Zealand and several of the pilots and are from commonwealth countries. In general, I favor those pilots as they seem to have a strong common sense about them. They all go above and beyond to help line pilots, and I'm very satisfied with working for them.

I didn't know rose-colored sunglasses came with UVA/B protective lenses.
Check back in a year, see if your opinion is the same.

jdm7565 09-14-2022 03:19 AM

Great to finally hear some positive news after Vistjets new management! If you don't mind, what were your times when you applied and when you were offered an interview? Have you flown with any ATP grads that went through their partnership program with XO/Redwing? Thanks in advance! Glad you are enjoying it!

ak68W 09-22-2022 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by Texadane;[url=tel:3491496
3491496[/url]]I just started with Red Wing and XO Jets. My understanding is they only offer E-3 visas now.

🤣🤣🤣🤣. if you only knew…. Your nationalistic attitude is congruent with management though. You’ll do well.

onemoreturn 09-24-2022 09:02 AM

How long have you been at RW and where were you flying before?

I would strongly encourage you to find out exactly why your CP at RW departed XOJET…… I would also encourage you to consider the following:

Vista had a poor reputation from the pilot/labor perspective when they purchased XOJET in 2018. The XOJET pilot group worked hard to be optimistic and I do think that Vista initially wanted to grow the XOJET brand--I realize this last statement is highly controversial. However, with Vista’s inability to listen to those in North America (MCC/FXE) and their lack of understanding of the US labor market (specifically pilots), it became more and more obvious that they wanted nothing to do with the company culture. From there it was a slow and painful disassembly of XOJET. The aircraft will slowly be moved over to RW/JE and management will continue to make the environment at XOJET one that people will want to leave.

To those considering RW: If you want to go there for a year or so and get a type then go for it. As with all job changes in aviation—know what you are getting into. If you are a “yes man” type of manager then RW will be great for you and you will thrive under Vista management. However, if you are a manager who will push back against poor decisions then RW probably isn’t the place for you. You will likely get fired or sidelined as other Vista compliant managers move up the chain. If you are a pilot you can expect to see the communication/transparency decrease and pay/QOL slowly fade. Vista has a clear track record. I do not expect them to change their ways or learn from their missteps at XOJET. Vista may be growing as a company but that growth doesn’t necessarily mean it will be good for you. Regardless, you don’t want to be a pilot stuck in the middle of their fear-based culture.

mesteve 09-25-2022 07:23 PM

Applying as an FO:

Redwing or WheelsUp? And why... Go!

onemoreturn 09-25-2022 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by mesteve (Post 3501478)
Applying as an FO:

Where do you want to end up?

TexasLonghorn 09-26-2022 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by mesteve (Post 3501478)
Applying as an FO:

If this thread and all the available information regarding the history and culture of RWAC doesn't make it an easy question to answer then there's no reason to expound upon what's already there. You're just being willfully blind to the situation if you're seriously asking.

mesteve 09-26-2022 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by TexasLonghorn (Post 3501597)
If this thread and all the available information regarding the history and culture of RWAC doesn't make it an easy question to answer then there's no reason to expound upon what's already there. You're just being willfully blind to the situation if you're seriously asking.

As is often stated, nothing on APF is as good or as bad as it is touted...

With that said, WU has complaints of their own, so yeah, I was truly asking.

As for where I want to go, right now I am leaning toward 121 but need another 500ish hours.

Cheers