Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Red Wing Aero? (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/38296-red-wing-aero.html)

Peabody17 08-15-2021 04:22 AM

I talked to a couple of Redwing guys on the road a month or so ago. Their stories were not very good at all, but they did have a couple of good things to say about the new CP. Maybe things are starting to turn??? Never heard of any flow to XOJET, but both are “XO”-branded now, so maybe some day…

Tsramb 08-16-2021 05:17 AM

I just got hired by them and the reviews here and elsewhere are not good, so now Im stressed. It seemed like a good fit. 97K a year to Captain a Citation. 15 on, 13 off and they fly you from your home airport to work. Very little night shift. How bad could it be? The pilots have to drive everywhere and the maintenance is terrible? Hotels are roach infested?

flyjbh 08-16-2021 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by Tsramb (Post 3280219)
I just got hired by them and the reviews here and elsewhere are not good, so now Im stressed. It seemed like a good fit. 97K a year to Captain a Citation. 15 on, 13 off and they fly you from your home airport to work. Very little night shift. How bad could it be? The pilots have to drive everywhere and the maintenance is terrible? Hotels are roach infested?

It’s all about the Adventure….. I’m sure it will be fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dera 08-16-2021 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Tsramb (Post 3280219)

Don't forget the rule #1 of APC. Things are never as bad, or good, as they seem in here.

Lance 08-31-2021 05:10 PM

Any new info? Thinking of sending my app today for FO.

cleansthelav 11-13-2021 04:26 PM

It's entirely different than it was before the buy out. Management is supportive and helpful. No more airport standby. Better SOP and safety culture. CP is over the top helpful. The airplanes are sharp with new paint and interiors.

iflybygps 12-15-2021 09:02 AM

Update

Anyone have first hand account of the atmosphere at Red Wing now that a little time has passed since they were bought out? Is it the same family run business with new owners? Seemed like they had a horrible reputation in the past years but wondering if XO has overhauled the place?

ItsJustUsLeft 12-21-2021 10:23 PM

7 days on 6 off OR 15 on and 13 off.

Must stay within 2 hours of gateway airports even on your off time. You know, just in case they need you to fly on your days off.

Seems as though they are looking for people that live in those gateway airports at the least.

iflybygps 12-22-2021 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by ItsJustUsLeft (Post 3340038)
7 days on 6 off OR 15 on and 13 off.

Must stay within 2 hours of gateway airports even on your off time. You know, just in case they need you to fly on your days off.

Seems as though they are looking for people that live in those gateway airports at the least.

Is this recent or from the prior operation before XO bought them out? I'm truly interested in them if they have changed, I know all the old horror stories when it was run as a family business etc. I just havent been able to lock down if it is true that they have changed their ways under their new ownership.

Gazoom 01-05-2022 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by ItsJustUsLeft (Post 3340038)

Must stay within 2 hours of gateway airports even on your off time.

So is a short leash the norm?