Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Red Wing Aero? (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/38296-red-wing-aero.html)

B727 right seat 02-13-2020 03:39 PM

Red Wing Aero

All these years & Red Wing Aero is still a bottom feeder. Worked there years ago & could not wait to leave. Worked you like a dog, didn’t give a rip about anyone of their employees. In my time there we experienced a 50% turn over of pilots. This is the best time ever to be a pilot, no pilot should work there. This place adds no value to your resume. Stay away!

malibudriver 04-06-2020 02:52 PM

Red Wing Aviation shut down

Friday, 3 April, the entire pilot corps, maintanence, and charter/sales got the following message:

“As the United States continues to implement and extend travel restrictions in an effort to contain the spread of COVID-19 we have all seen the damaging effects to the travel industry. It is with great difficulty that we announce our decision to cease flight operations and implement a reduction in work force in order to maintain the viability of RWA. This permanent reduction in work force is effective today April 3rd, 2020 and your supervisor will be reaching out to you with more information.

Please stay safe as our nation faces these unprecedented challenges. Please accept our appreciation for your contributions during your employment with RWA.”

Wes Converse
President
Red Wing Aviation

Maintanence and Charter were dismissed by lunchtime. All of the remaining airplanes were flown back to RGK and the crews dismissed, sent to MSP with flights home.

GoneMissed 04-06-2020 04:53 PM

I bet this employer expects employees to give them a two week notice.

A shame it’s not a two way street.

malibudriver 05-26-2020 09:02 AM

Red Wing Aviation reopens

In early May Red Wing reopened calling maintenance, all the pilots and FOs back. They told me they got the PPP money and our start date was backdated to 30 April. Presumably this was done to collect on our share of our benefits contributions, since we got a nominal (1 day) pay and they deducted all the fees leaving many with double-digit paydays.
About 75% of the pilots are returning. Everyone was released from their contracts.
Pay is frozen until the end of the year, they are involuntarily using up our PTO and up until yesterday booking our hotels with hotels.com.
As of the end of May half of the airplanes are back on the road and they are mostly busy.

B727DRVR 05-26-2020 12:32 PM

Welcome back...

Welcome back, you all!

jcool734 05-28-2020 07:10 PM

Is redwing hiring again?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jkurtfly 09-01-2020 02:44 PM

Just applied, looking at a furlough from a major. Is it worth it? I live in southwest Wisconsin. 1hr drive from ORD. Nevermind, should have read this forum before I applied.

B727 right seat 09-04-2020 09:43 AM

Red Wing Aeroplane

Never, never waste your time at Red Wing Aeroplane Company. Financial contract for type rating, long hours, poor scheduling, treat you like a dog. I know, I worked there. The day I left was one of the happiest days of my life. I had no other position lined up, nothing. Once I got hired by my next employer, during the interview process the chief pilot burst out laughing when he read RWAC as my previous employer. Even he had stores to tell about them.

TransWorld 09-04-2020 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by B727 right seat (Post 3122188)
Never, never waste your time at Red Wing Aeroplane Company. Financial contract for type rating, long hours, poor scheduling, treat you like a dog. I know, I worked there. The day I left was one of the happiest days of my life. I had no other position lined up, nothing. Once I got hired by my next employer, during the interview process the chief pilot burst out laughing when he read RWAC as my previous employer. Even he had stores to tell about them.

In this environment let the buyer (you) beware.

B727DRVR 11-10-2020 01:47 PM

Congratulations Red Wing!

XOJET acquires Red Wing Aero...!