Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Cape Air

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2016, 03:43 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2016

Originally Posted by Flying Low View Post
What does the rumor mill have to say about this?

Cape Air first to fly Tecnam P2012 Traveller | Tecnam
I've heard rumors that they are expecting a significant reduction in gear up landings.
Old 12-15-2016, 01:50 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2016

Originally Posted by sailingfun View Post
You did not mention if you hold a green card to work in the US. If you do any regional carrier in the US will probably hire you. Several offer flows to major airlines. Look at Piedmont, PSA or envoy. At Piedmont you will make way more the Cape Air. If you don't hold a green card then I suspect that is why you were not called.
I know Skywest will hire guys with a work/student visa. If asked about how you plan to extend your work/student visa tell them that your plan is to do a graduate degree through one of the aviation schools here so u can extend your visa.
Old 12-15-2016, 08:26 AM
Don't get weekends off

Joined APC: Sep 2015

Originally Posted by NatGeo View Post
I know Skywest will hire guys with a work/student visa. If asked about how you plan to extend your work/student visa tell them that your plan is to do a graduate degree through one of the aviation schools here so u can extend your visa.
^^False according to my source, LAX ACP. He said no student visa yet. Hopefully, that will change.
Old 12-17-2016, 09:44 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2015

Not True.

This is a lie someone is telling to hire international students to their flight school.
Old 12-19-2016, 05:39 AM
Why did l start.....???

Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: F/O

What happened to the Caravans. Did they get rid of them or are they going to be used in the Boston area ?
Old 12-19-2016, 08:21 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2012

I'm with the other guy. I know of no good way to do that legally.

If training on an M-1 visa, you get a month of OPT per 4 months of training, with a max of 6 month. No airline is going to hire a pilot for a max of 5 months of flying after stans.

On a F-1 visa you get a year of OPT after graduation, so this is a better option. However, this is still short for any airline. F-1 visas are only available through accredited (read "college") programs.
Old 12-20-2016, 02:19 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2016

Anybody know if they are still requiring the $30k training contract?
They are advertising for SIC's to have 1000TT now.
Old 12-21-2016, 06:18 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2016

Originally Posted by kingsnake2 View Post
I'm with the other guy. I know of no good way to do that legally.

If training on an M-1 visa, you get a month of OPT per 4 months of training, with a max of 6 month. No airline is going to hire a pilot for a max of 5 months of flying after stans.

On a F-1 visa you get a year of OPT after graduation, so this is a better option. However, this is still short for any airline. F-1 visas are only available through accredited (read "college") programs.
Interesting, I knew an Israli guy who got the job with SkyWest. He told me he only had a 6 month window to work here and they still hired him. He did his training and CFI work in the U.S. Maybe it was a special visa status or relationship that the US has with Israel. I'm not claiming to be an expert or authority on the subject.
Old 12-21-2016, 08:32 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2015

Interesting, I knew an Israli guy who got the job with SkyWest. He told me he only had a 6 month window to work here and they still hired him. He did his training and CFI work in the U.S. Maybe it was a special visa status or relationship that the US has with Israel. I'm not claiming to be an expert or authority on the subject.
NatGeo.

He did not got hired for only 6 months. No airline would ever do that.

What probably happened:

He had an EAD that was valid until he got his final work authorization (this one valid forever)

I'm posting that because some flight schools are advertising that you can go there for training and after fly for a U.S. regional airline with their visa/work authorization which is not true.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me
Old 12-21-2016, 09:43 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2016
Position: Gulfstream Pilot

Originally Posted by collegedropout9 View Post
Anybody know if they are still requiring the $30k training contract?
They are advertising for SIC's to have 1000TT now.
Just asked a long time Cape Air Capt. your question. Still on the hook $30k for 402 training if you leave.