Airnet/Flight Express merger?

Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Airnet/Flight Express merger?

Old 03-18-2010, 10:53 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008

Originally Posted by reserveslob View Post
As of yet I havent heard anything about anything besides that I need to be faster on the run which I will see what I can do.

Maximum warp.

-mini
Old 03-18-2010, 09:09 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: Floatin' down the river in a old tube smilin'

Originally Posted by reserveslob View Post
Huh? I wish dispatch would tell me if new stuff is coming out of STP, so I could figure a way to fit more than a fart into the Baron! As of yet I havent heard anything about anything besides that I need to be faster on the run which I will see what I can do. You run OMA-APA-OMA?
STP-MKE-DPA-MKE-RST-STP
Old 03-26-2010, 06:54 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2008

Whats the deal with the positions posted on their web site for "Customer Coordinator" & "Lear Capt & FO" It doesn't state where they are for. New base maybe?

Any Airnet guys around?
Old 03-27-2010, 05:12 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Planewatcher View Post
Whats the deal with the positions posted on their web site for "Customer Coordinator" & "Lear Capt & FO" It doesn't state where they are for. New base maybe?

Any Airnet guys around?
The lear positions are about the further proof that, with Bayside (at Airnet), seniority means absolutely nothing. Why recall a furloughed pilot when you can just bring someone in "part time" and use them to cover freight charters when you are too understaffed to have your "regular" line pilots do it?

I don't know what the coordinator position is for.

-mini
Old 03-27-2010, 10:19 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2007

Originally Posted by minitour View Post
The lear positions are about the further proof that, with Bayside (at Airnet), seniority means absolutely nothing. Why recall a furloughed pilot when you can just bring someone in "part time" and use them to cover freight charters when you are too understaffed to have your "regular" line pilots do it?

I don't know what the coordinator position is for.

-mini
Wow. you have absolutely no idea what was posted.

Anyway............

The lear capt and FO are for passenger charter in 2 35's on a part-time contract basis. They have nothing to do with the line, just added 2 aircraft to certificate and AirNet is managing them.

The coordinator position is linked to the passenger lears who will sell trips and communicate with the pilots + other responsibilites.

These positions were open to the line first. There is no benefit to leave a salaried position with benefits and become a contract pilot. This will also be offered to furlough and then street pilots. There are insurance time minimums that must be met and i don't believe any current furloughed pilots meet them.

Its tough times and when 2 planes are added everyone wants in. The problem becomes when no one understands the terms. You always have to look out for #1 and if it doesn't benefit "you", you complain. But no matter where that complaining pilot goes, they will always find something to complain about. Its easy to put down a company and talk crap about them hiding behind a computer.

Good luck to all. PM me for any other info.
Old 03-27-2010, 01:43 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
Wow. you have absolutely no idea what was posted.
Wow. Yeah, I do. It's on teamworks.

"Additional Assignments: Provisions made to allow these pilots to fly overflow passenger and cargo charters that we can not currently cover."

-mini
Old 03-27-2010, 06:44 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2008
Position: C208 BE58

Originally Posted by minitour View Post
Wow. Yeah, I do. It's on teamworks.

"Additional Assignments: Provisions made to allow these pilots to fly overflow passenger and cargo charters that we can not currently cover."

-mini
+1 A pretty rotten deal for current line pilots. Why have floaters when you can have part time pilots who only get paid when they fly?
Old 03-27-2010, 07:32 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by aggie02 View Post
+1 A pretty rotten deal for current line pilots. Why have floaters when you can have part time pilots who only get paid when they fly?
You have no idea what you're talking about.

-mini
Old 04-06-2010, 05:37 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2010
Position: Lear 35A Right

Does anyone know the pay for the contract pilots
Old 04-08-2010, 09:54 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2009
Position: AV tech

Pay: Captains $400 / day when assigned to flight duties, $250 / day when sitting out base on assignment, and a unit of per diem / day worked. There is no compensation for on-call status.