Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Airnet/Flight Express merger?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 07:08 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2007

Originally Posted by Scooter2525 View Post
Any new work in the pipeline? What bases?
There is always work in the pipeline but who knows what!! As for bases you (SS) know they change constantly. Right now I think BUR, CPS and TYS are open, but will change next week when bidding closes.

They are looking for furloughed pilots to help with part time "peak season" flying but I believe it will be hard for people to commit to it.

As for this:
"AirNet is still operating and has been consolidating their operation - getting rid of some money-losing routes. They have purchased Flight Express and are slowly integrating FE into the AN operation "

I think every company looks to restructur or eliminate money-losing runs. Bayside purchased Flight Express and is not integrating FE into the AN operation. The two companys are trying to work together but there is no merger of the two.
Old 10-11-2010, 11:46 AM
Airport Hobo

Joined APC: Apr 2007

Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post

I think every company looks to restructur or eliminate money-losing runs. Bayside purchased Flight Express and is not integrating FE into the AN operation. The two companys are trying to work together but there is no merger of the two.
Exactly, trying is a good way to put it. Although sometimes it sure feels like AirNet owns us. There are days when it seems I can't take a **** without AirNet's permission.

"Hey guys I had to divert, my destination is below mins, it's forecasted to stay below mins, what do you want to do?
"We got to ask AirNet, let me call you back"
"Well?"
"I'm waiting for AirNet to call me back, they are checking with the customer."
"Ok, the customer says skip it and go to the next stop."
"Well, in all that time I contacted the courier and he drove to meet me, you still want me to skip it?"
"Uh, let me check with... You know what nevermind, just make the exchange and call me at the next stop."
"Ok, thanks."
Next Day
"AirNet is ****ed."
"Why?"
"They said we didn't consult them."
"We did, I just didn't like waiting for them to tell me something I already knew."
"Me neither, don't worry about it, I think I may have managed to convince them you did a good thing."
"Thanks, appreciate it.
Old 10-11-2010, 11:49 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008

Why is USC work on a FLX plane anyway?

-mini
Old 10-14-2010, 07:30 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2005

Any movement at either company with a little bit of regional hiring going on?
Old 10-14-2010, 12:41 PM
Airport Hobo

Originally Posted by minitour View Post
Why is USC work on a FLX plane anyway?

-mini
Because AirNet sold the run. Since we are now working together they are offering a low cost "Single-engine" option to current and potential customers. I think they underbid Ameriflight for the run. The Ameriflight run still goes actually, just earlier rather than later. They have multiple customers utilizing it, so we didn't "take" anyone's flying with the run.

Besides, it's not USC work. It's the customer's property.
Old 10-14-2010, 05:46 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by flyandive View Post
Because AirNet sold the run.

Besides, it's not USC work. It's the customer's property.
If both statements are really true, then your company shouldn't be checking with Airnet when you need to divert or what-not.

They really have no reason to be upset unless they're upset with themselves. If they want more oversight and control, put it in an Airnet Baron, Caravan, Chieftain or Lear. Simple, really. I'd tell 'em to pound sand.

-mini
Old 10-14-2010, 11:38 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2009
Position: AV tech

Originally Posted by stis202 View Post
Any movement at either company with a little bit of regional hiring going on?
I believe they just hired some. I guess they must have tried already to get ahold of every body on furlough. I don't know if they filled all the spots yet or not. It doesn't hurt to ask.
Old 10-15-2010, 10:36 AM
Airport Hobo

If both statements are really true, then your company shouldn't be checking with Airnet when you need to divert or what-not.

They really have no reason to be upset unless they're upset with themselves. If they want more oversight and control, put it in an Airnet Baron, Caravan, Chieftain or Lear. Simple, really. I'd tell 'em to pound sand.

-mini
Exactly, you're preaching to the choir here. But after a few furloughs I'm just glad to have a job. FLX signs my paycheck (for now, even though AirNet's payroll is doing them now), so if FLX wants me checking in every time I divert, I'm going to check in. If they want to involve AirNet that is their prerogative.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:37 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by flyandive View Post
Exactly, you're preaching to the choir here. But after a few furloughs I'm just glad to have a job. FLX signs my paycheck (for now, even though AirNet's payroll is doing them now), so if FLX wants me checking in every time I divert, I'm going to check in. If they want to involve AirNet that is their prerogative.
Totally understand that. Just saying, they really shouldn't be *****ing. If they want that kind of oversight...put it in a USC airplane. If they don't want that expense and risk, then they lose some of the oversight.

Keep doin' what you're doin' man. Eff 'em if they can't take a joke.

-mini
Old 10-16-2010, 11:21 AM
Airport Hobo

Totally understand that. Just saying, they really shouldn't be *****ing. If they want that kind of oversight...put it in a USC airplane. If they don't want that expense and risk, then they lose some of the oversight.

Keep doin' what you're doin' man. Eff 'em if they can't take a joke.

-mini
LOL, thanks. I'd like to think they were straightened out. If I revealed anymore it would be pretty obvious who I was.