Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Key Lime Air's SIC to PIC program

Old 11-26-2009, 07:27 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2008
Position: FO4LIFE

Originally Posted by Plantation Air View Post
I understand that this seems rediculous, but that aside, it appears no one here has first hand experience with the program. Anyone, anyone?
Seem Ridiculous? It is!

Do you even know what you are doing?

You are paying X amount of money to an employer for the privilege to operate the aircraft for nothing. I call it 'Pay to Play' or 'Pay for Job". First, it is an incredible waste of money, you are accumulating more debt (unless mommy and daddy are paying for it), and it could hurt you later down the road.
Old 11-26-2009, 07:59 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: B6 CA

Not to mention it's demeaning to the rest of the industry, (read through the forum and it's a fairly common consensus among people). If someone is willing to PAY someone else TO DO WORK, it leaves the door open for other companies to follow suit and lower their work standards.

Anyway Happy T-day. Just think about it before jumping on this "opportunity".
Old 11-26-2009, 08:42 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2008

Xbox 360 makes you "pay to play" hence I am a ps3 fan. Loong day at work.

But seriously, I know you are probably desperate or fed up, but that is a ton of money. Unless you are rich and flying for fun/second career, its not worth it.
Old 11-26-2009, 09:10 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008

Whatever they're charging, I'll let you do it for 25% less. And you can build jjjjjjjet time while you're at it.

-mini
Old 11-26-2009, 10:23 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: Furlough/Gun Driver

If you are going to pay a company to fly for them please don't refer to yourself as a professional pilot. Professionals don't work for free.
Old 11-26-2009, 01:59 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: 777ER 747
Default to Mini

Hi to you Mini, are you serious about that Jet time? Where and in what equipments?
Old 11-26-2009, 03:45 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by dosbo View Post
If you are going to pay a company to fly for them please don't refer to yourself as a professional pilot. Professionals don't work for free.
Agreed.

Originally Posted by taymor1234 View Post
Hi to you Mini, are you serious about that Jet time? Where and in what equipments?
Sure I'm serious. It's $50/hr in a Cj2.

...but you'll need to cover your hotel and meal expenses as well as travel expenses (8 on/6 off - airline to the plane typically though you may travel how you wish), training expenses conducted in the airplane, uniform and basically anything else that would cost money.

It's a seat that no one is required to be in, since the other captain and I are both single pilot typed, so what's the harm in paying $50/hr for it? Sure, we hired and pay someone to sit in that seat and act as SIC anyway...but since they aren't required, I guess that makes paying for it okay. ...and if someone's going to benefit from this, it might as well be me.

I just need to know what your times are.

-mini
Old 11-26-2009, 04:52 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: B767

Originally Posted by minitour View Post
Agreed.

Sure I'm serious. It's $50/hr in a Cj2.

...but you'll need to cover your hotel and meal expenses as well as travel expenses (8 on/6 off - airline to the plane typically though you may travel how you wish), training expenses conducted in the airplane, uniform and basically anything else that would cost money.

It's a seat that no one is required to be in, since the other captain and I are both single pilot typed, so what's the harm in paying $50/hr for it? Sure, we hired and pay someone to sit in that seat and act as SIC anyway...but since they aren't required, I guess that makes paying for it okay. ...and if someone's going to benefit from this, it might as well be me.

I just need to know what your times are.

-mini
Oh, mini! I'll pay you $55! Jet time, WOW! Wait 'till I tell my friends on Facebook! C001!!!
Old 11-26-2009, 06:11 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by wrxpilot View Post
Oh, mini! I'll pay you $55! Jet time, WOW! Wait 'till I tell my friends on Facebook! C001!!!
I'll cut you a deal. $54.95/hr.

...block, not flight.

But I won't charge you extra to brief the pax, do the weight and balance, change the lav or operate the radios.

-mini
Old 11-27-2009, 08:12 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: Thrill Seat

I was told a long time ago by one of my mentors that "A man / woman that works for free knows his / her worth!" Granted I wasn't going to pay for time like the author of this thread I had just been asked by my mentor how much would I need to be paid an hour to fly for him. In the end it was $30 and hour and had a lot more fun and gained a lot more experience (via the pucker factor) than you can paying to play!

Listen to Hawker he's been around the block a few times and aviation jobs will always be around but your dignity and respect of your peers is something you can't buy back!

FL450