Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Alaska flying jobs

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 08:35 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2008
Position: Livin' the dream
Default Hello from the Alaska Division of Tourism!

In case any of you are interested in helping out another pilot there's a thread down in the "Layover" section (page way down) in the "Domestic" sub-section for a pilot looking for stuff to do while they are in Anchorage.

Figured some of the readers of this thread might know some more interesting things for them to see and do during their stay in AK, and that many of you have spent time or live in Anchorage and might not look at the "Layover" section of APCF. I know I usually don't read that part but just happened to see it tonight.

P.S. I don't actually work for the Alaska Division of Tourism, so don't blame them for whatever happens.

Last edited by Kilgore Trout; 01-27-2010 at 10:32 PM.
Old 01-28-2010, 05:30 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: Out of Regional Jet flying

Originally Posted by Stickshaker View Post
That's the way to get a flying job in Alaska. Most companies go in and out of Anchorage at some time. The best advice is to go to Merrill Field (MRI) (or LHD if you have float time) and talk to people. Most single pilot 135 operators are looking for Alaska time (insurance req's: it really is different up there) but I have heard of guys counting mountainous time towards that (Colorado rockies area).
I learned to fly in Vegas and had many a trip over the Wasatch, Spring Mountains and Sierras. Flights in the valley with gusty winds over the peaks was pretty intense at times although CAVU most of the time. That experience probably doesn't equate to "Alaska" time. Now I do have an A&P with an IA and would be tempted to put it on my resume... Although Sky is right,,, I have had pilot job offers that really were looking to hook me for mx. That is very annoying to say the least.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:57 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2008
Position: Livin' the dream

MD11 Check your PMs.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:03 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2010
Position: DC-6
Question Alaska time

Drop by Evert's Air Cargo in Anchorage and put in an app.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:57 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Aug 2007

Originally Posted by bennySODC6 View Post
Drop by Evert's Air Cargo in Anchorage and put in an app.

are you a FE over there?
Old 02-05-2010, 01:50 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: Out of Regional Jet flying

Went to Everts Air Cargo's website... saw the C-46... started to hyperventilate!
Old 04-22-2010, 02:11 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2010
Position: DHC-8 FO

Hey I am a low time Pilot getting ready to graduate from university in December. I have met a couple pilots from both Hageland and Everts and they have said that when i get ready to start looking for a job I need to send them my resume and they will take my resume into their bosses. I am going up to the Alaska Airmans Association conference the first weekend of May and I am going to bring a ton of resumes. If you have any suggestions as to who to talk to..mainly what operators I should avoid please let me know. I Don't want to end up working for someone and have an issue happen where they get shut down...like what happened to LAB
Old 04-24-2010, 09:19 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: Groundlooped and liking it

I heard Everts was fat on pilots, is that right? Sounds like they aren't getting many hours lately.
Old 04-25-2010, 03:51 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Oct 2008
Position: Window Seat

They recently bought 3 ex ABX DC-9s and they're getting them ready in the 'banks.
Old 04-25-2010, 07:22 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Apr 2010
Position: DC-3

Everts is way fat on pilots. Not hiring anytime soon. Ryan/ATS just started a class, no more hiring for the season. ACE started a class no more hiring for the season. Warbelow's is hiring. Yute is looking for a chicken driver (maybe). Times are lean for Alaska.