Search
Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

SurfAir

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2015, 10:56 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2006

Thanks! Seems like their big asset is great people, and I haven't met any exceptions. It's a crazy time to be getting in here; lots going on and a lot of energy. I'll post more info as I get it.
Old 06-23-2015, 05:50 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jun 2015
Position: CFII, MEI

First time poster, long time lurker.

I have an interview with them tomorrow. From what I've read here it's mostly personality questions so I am fairly confident in that regard as I have a lot of customer service background. As I am a CFII and MEI I would HOPE I am good for any technical they throw my way :P

I'd love to be based at KHHR but I think I am getting ahead of myself. Let's just take it through the interview for now
Old 07-01-2015, 07:21 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2014

How did the interview go Zeeber?
Old 07-02-2015, 01:43 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2010

Anybody former regional that made the jump to SurfAir? If so how do you feel about the job after settling in and flying the line regularly? I'm a regional guy that see's this job as a giant QOL improvement yet hesitant due to I'm worried I could back myself into a corner resume wise.
Old 07-02-2015, 09:43 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2014

Originally Posted by FLowpayFO View Post
Anybody former regional that made the jump to SurfAir? If so how do you feel about the job after settling in and flying the line regularly? I'm a regional guy that see's this job as a giant QOL improvement yet hesitant due to I'm worried I could back myself into a corner resume wise.
I came from 7 years at envoy. Not looking back.
Old 07-06-2015, 02:32 PM
New Hire

Position: CFII, MEI

Originally Posted by Poseidonspulse View Post
How did the interview go Zeeber?
I passed the interview and have my training date on the 20th of this month! I had the option of going to the training date starting today, but there is a 30-40 hour online training that I wanted to make sure I had done before hand.

Everyone at Surf Air was very nice and I look forward to working with them. It looks like they have it set up to be 1 week of ground training and then 2 weeks at flight safety for the sim.
Old 07-06-2015, 03:16 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Way to go you must be stoked! Would you mind sharing your times or anyone else's times you may have interviewed with?
Old 07-07-2015, 02:30 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2014

Originally Posted by Zeeber View Post
I passed the interview and have my training date on the 20th of this month! I had the option of going to the training date starting today, but there is a 30-40 hour online training that I wanted to make sure I had done before hand.

Everyone at Surf Air was very nice and I look forward to working with them. It looks like they have it set up to be 1 week of ground training and then 2 weeks at flight safety for the sim.
5 days indoc/systems and 5 days sim, 4 flights then checkride.
Old 07-07-2015, 08:21 PM
On Reserve

Position: Captain
Default vs Boutique Air?

Anyone have any comparison and contrast with Boutique Air?
I've been evaluating a move and was interested in both ... Boutique less and less the more I hear.
Old 07-08-2015, 05:43 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2013
Position: FO

Well, SurfAir is based mostly in CA and Boutique is based mostly in TX, NM, AZ. There is a good comparison - choose where you would rather live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk