Search
Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Boutique Air

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2018, 06:00 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2015

I've got a technical interview next week. My HR interview was last July, and I reapplied because I realized my first offer may not pan out. I resubmitted an app and had an internal reference and heard back within a day. I applied for SIC but would have PIC mins likely within 3 months of hire.
Old 02-24-2018, 12:58 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2017
Position: CFI, CFII, MEI

Originally Posted by MaxMar View Post
I've got a technical interview next week. My HR interview was last July, and I reapplied because I realized my first offer may not pan out. I resubmitted an app and had an internal reference and heard back within a day. I applied for SIC but would have PIC mins likely within 3 months of hire.
Shame that it takes getting an internal reference to get a response. I'd even take a TBNT email at this point. I've been applying like crazy trying to get a SIC position. Unfortunately no luck.
Old 02-25-2018, 08:50 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2018
Default Worst name out there?

Anyone know how Boutique Air got its name? When I think of things "Boutique" I think of flowers, upscale, overpriced, pretentious. Not the sort of things related to fire patrol and part 135 scheduled operations. With destinations such as McCook, Vernal, and what must be their crown jewel -- Greenville, Mississippi, name seems a bit off to me.
Old 02-25-2018, 09:40 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2012

Originally Posted by ForthFlyer View Post
Anyone know how Boutique Air got its name? When I think of things "Boutique" I think of flowers, upscale, overpriced, pretentious. Not the sort of things related to fire patrol and part 135 scheduled operations. With destinations such as McCook, Vernal, and what must be their crown jewel -- Greenville, Mississippi, name seems a bit off to me.
Not positive, but I believe SS (CEO) named it that for his wife.
Old 02-26-2018, 12:08 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2017

boutique

bou·tique
bo͞oˈtēk/

noun

a business that serves a sophisticated or specialized clientele.
Old 02-26-2018, 07:40 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: May 2017

Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
boutique

bou·tique
bo͞oˈtēk/

noun

a business that serves a sophisticated or specialized clientele.
“Specialized” is certainly correct.
Old 02-28-2018, 02:15 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Just finished a very pleasant technical interview, hoping for a May slot.
Old 02-28-2018, 05:43 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2014

Originally Posted by MaxMar View Post
Just finished a very pleasant technical interview, hoping for a May slot.
It's really pretty easy if you know your stuff. PIC or FO? Either way, good luck.
Old 02-28-2018, 07:36 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Sanguy View Post
It's really pretty easy if you know your stuff. PIC or FO? Either way, good luck.
FO, thanks! My interviewer was very complimentary and made it sound like we'll be moving forward. Hoping to hear about that soon.
Old 03-01-2018, 10:21 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2018

Applied early February, direct entry captain, PC-12 any base but preference for DFW or DEN, prior 121 pilot exceeds PIC minimums etc.

got the e mail to set up the calendar to do the phone interview about 10 days later.

I followed the directions and set up the calendar, the phone HR interview was done the next day. the lady conducting the interview was very friendly and the call took about 12 minutes. basic stuff most any air carrier asks.

I was asked if i would mind signing a training contract, i have never worked for a company that asked me to do that, I am not opposed to that depending on what the contract entailed.

I was advised that the next phase would be the technical interview, which would also be by phone and conducted in much the same manner; get the e mail, set a calendar, and get the confirmation email and take the phone call when it rings. would range anywhere from 1-6 months to get that call depending on workload.

2-3 months would be ideal for me due to my obligations to current work projects that i would rather see through to completion before i make a jump.

if i hear anything else I'll pass it along, as always anyone is free to PM me if they need anything

Good luck