Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Boutique Air

Old 06-22-2015, 11:53 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2014
Position: Airbus,H60

Any word on more classes and new A/C-Routes?
Old 06-28-2015, 09:46 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jun 2015
Position: Captain
Exclamation Been asking around ...

I've been asking around about Boutique because they caught my eye for a move out west ...

Sounds like they're adding routes in CO, AZ, and CA. Maybe more?

Really sounds like they're chasing EAS money without some basic attention to their existing routes and employees - ie, growing way too fast. Money out of SFO without a solid understanding of aviation or the needs and wants of a long-term pilot group. Management pilots sound a bit inexperienced for the growth they're trying to make happen. And sounds like there's already some staffing and paperwork issues that are just going to get worse ?

Good PIC pay but I predict major issues down the line.
I'm open to more info, but looking elsewhere for now.
Old 06-28-2015, 03:50 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2013

Originally Posted by SEair View Post
I've been asking around about Boutique because they caught my eye for a move out west ...

Really sounds like they're chasing EAS money without some basic attention to their existing routes and employees - ie, growing way too fast. Money out of SFO without a solid understanding of aviation or the needs and wants of a long-term pilot group. Management pilots sound a bit inexperienced for the growth they're trying to make happen. And sounds like there's already some staffing and paperwork issues that are just going to get worse ?

Dispatch department is going up this week in Denver. Hangar and mechanics already all set up in Denver as well.

They just added 20 new pilots, all finished training.
Old 07-05-2015, 06:54 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2015

I would love to get on with Boutique Air. Do you know if they are still hiring? I submitted an application a couple of weeks ago and never heard anything.
Old 07-06-2015, 03:34 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2015
Position: C207

Is expansion in DEN likely? I know Lakes still has a lot of the EAS routes in Nebraska.
Old 07-09-2015, 01:23 PM
Line Holder

Can the SIC time in the PC-12, at Boutique, be logged toward the 1200 135 minimum needed for PIC?
(I guess the op-specs or the GOM would provide the answer but if they are hiring SIC's with 250 hours I would think that that time would not be loggable until they got to 500 via part 91 operations or something).

Do the PC-12's at Boutique have autopilots?
Old 07-09-2015, 05:03 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2013
Position: FO

All PC-12s have an autopilot, unless someone took it out. I don't work for Boutique, but as long as their OPSPECs or GOM require an SIC, all the time is loggable. In general, SICs only need a Commercial/Instrument for Part 135 ops, so there shouldn't be an issue with total time (I have no idea where you came up with 500...)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-09-2015, 06:08 PM
Team Chemtrail

Joined APC: Dec 2013
Position: CRJ

Yes our opspec requires SIC's, SIC's can log all time. Upgrades usual happen right at 135 mins.
Old 07-09-2015, 09:10 PM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by Toonces View Post
All PC-12s have an autopilot, unless someone took it out. I don't work for Boutique, but as long as their OPSPECs or GOM require an SIC, all the time is loggable. In general, SICs only need a Commercial/Instrument for Part 135 ops, so there shouldn't be an issue with total time (I have no idea where you came up with 500...)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You are right Toonces, sorry for the confusion. I was thinking about the 500tt minimum for vfr pic duties----- and somehow got it confused and thought it applied to SIC's. Thanks for straightening me out on that
Old 07-15-2015, 03:04 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jul 2015

Originally Posted by SEair View Post

Any chances that they will be opening up a base in California? Trying to change careers late this year or early next year.

Also - for the current Boutique pilots, are most of the legs 135 or do some fall under part 91? Just trying to gauge how much time the SIC can actually log?

Thanks in advance!