Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Boutique Air

Old 08-09-2015, 12:43 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2015

No CASS yet but we are expecting it. They are working on recip jump seat agreements. Once they have one or two in place they may get CASS on board. Great growth potential here. Don't listen to the guy talking about issues....he has no idea!
Old 08-09-2015, 12:45 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jun 2015
Position: Captain

Not a fact. I have very clear and sane info. And ... you are right great growth potential. Or not, also.
Old 08-09-2015, 12:49 PM
On Reserve

Position: Captain

Good intentions pave the road to ... where was that again? Don't go making career bets on good intentions. If you want great pay for a small single-engine turbine airplane for a short duration, go for it. With your eyes open.

And read the histories of Great Lakes and Seaport and too many others to name. And research why I bring up those specific companies.
Old 08-10-2015, 07:58 AM
Line Holder

All career bets are made on good intentions! It doesn't matter how big, small, new or old the carrier is they can fail overnight. This is a solid operation with good pay and benefits. They are making money and growing. The two you are comparing it to are not in the same ball park. They pay terribly and use out dated high maintenance equipment that cause a high number of cancelations and employee turnover. Our business strategy is different and working. Your hear say negativity is falsely founded seeing how you are not actually associated with this company.
Old 08-10-2015, 08:34 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: Looking up
Cool

Originally Posted by Flyin J View Post
All career bets are made on good intentions! It doesn't matter how big, small, new or old the carrier is they can fail overnight. This is a solid operation with good pay and benefits. They are making money and growing. The two you are comparing it to are not in the same ball park. They pay terribly and use out dated high maintenance equipment that cause a high number of cancelations and employee turnover. Our business strategy is different and working. Your hear say negativity is falsely founded seeing how you are not actually associated with this company.
Would you care to find out just how specific I can be? If anything sounds like generalizations that is only because I'm avoiding specifics here only out of decency.

That said, my offer to provide more information by PM stands.

And, no, some career bets are based on much more than future promises. They are based on solid track records and demonstrable results. (Outside of that, the future is always an unknown.)

And, seriously, read the exact history of SeaPort and how the EAS dynamic plays into business planning and company financials. Boutique is surfing the wave of being new kid on the block.
Old 08-10-2015, 08:45 AM
Line Holder

I would love to hear the specific information you have. Feel free to pm me at your convenience.

Originally Posted by flyingback View Post
Would you care to find out just how specific I can be? If anything sounds like generalizations that is only because I'm avoiding specifics here only out of decency.

That said, my offer to provide more information by PM stands.

And, no, some career bets are based on much more than future promises. They are based on solid track records and demonstrable results. (Outside of that, the future is always an unknown.)

And, seriously, read the exact history of SeaPort and how the EAS dynamic plays into business planning and company financials. Boutique is surfing the wave of being new kid on the block.
Old 08-11-2015, 05:20 AM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by Flyin J View Post
No CASS yet but we are expecting it. They are working on recip jump seat agreements. Once they have one or two in place they may get CASS on board. Great growth potential here. Don't listen to the guy talking about issues....he has no idea!
Do you know if Boutique is hiring F.O.s for the Dallas base?
Old 08-11-2015, 12:13 PM
Line Holder

I'm not sure. There is some expansion coming in the next couple of months that may open up some slots. Get your resume in if your interested.
Old 08-11-2015, 06:56 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2011
Position: C172
Default Hours

Any idea how many hours a month a pilot averages? Also how's the compensation as in hotels, duty time and per diem?

Thanks
Old 08-12-2015, 07:04 AM
Line Holder

Compensation is based on block hours with a minimum guarantee of 80 hrs. It is rare to even get close to minimum right now. We are seeing 50-60 hours a month but this will go up as new cities are integrated into the schedule. Duty days are fairly short 5-9 hrs. Overnights are fairly short and well spread out. We have a crew house not hotels. This is going to change I'm sure with some of the new destinations. Per diem starts after 24hrs away from base. You really won't see any per diem since the overnights are really short and spread out.

This information is based on DFW base. We do not see the schedules for other bases so I'm not sure how many hours they are getting.