Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

DayJet

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 05:51 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007

http://eclipseaviationcritic.blogspot.com/

my bad on the link. I've been following this blog for awhile, it has led to many insights on the true nature of this company. When Eclipse said deliveries were imminent over a year ago, this blog called BS. It was leaked on the blog that the fleet was grounded before and after they missed the AOPA expo and made a lame excuse for it. Cracking windshilds, failed FAA inspections, CG issues, structural issues, under-performance (or over stating the specs depending how you look at it), and many more impossible claims/lies revealed first here. It's quite entertaining despite the fact that its sad.
Old 02-19-2007, 06:34 PM
Flying Farmer

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: Turbo-props' and John Deere's

Originally Posted by Andrew_VT View Post
http://eclipseaviationcritic.blogspot.com/

my bad on the link. I've been following this blog for awhile, it has led to many insights on the true nature of this company. When Eclipse said deliveries were imminent over a year ago, this blog called BS. It was leaked on the blog that the fleet was grounded before and after they missed the AOPA expo and made a lame excuse for it. Cracking windshilds, failed FAA inspections, CG issues, structural issues, under-performance (or over stating the specs depending how you look at it), and many more impossible claims/lies revealed first here. It's quite entertaining despite the fact that its sad.
Damn, that has more fighting than this place could muster up!

I just think it sucks there's so much negativity, but if it's what gets you through your day, go ahead. I still have hope, but I'm just one of those guys. I won't deny they have hidden things from paying customers. I think they should've used more money towards building and certification rather than media until they had it all done and ready to deliver. Then all this hype would be a non-event. Poor decision making on the managements side of things.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:51 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007

Even on that blog I think you will find that most people at the end of the day want the company and the airplane to succeed. I know I do, but I still cant justify some of their actions. It's not the whole company thats bad, probably just the top of the pyramid. I know people that are flying caravans around in the NE that are banking on the fact that the eclipse will show up soon and they can move up. They were originally expecting the planes much sooner than what they expect now. That blog helped me out in that regard (career decisions), I've never seen an active blog called "Cessna Aviation Critic" before so I knew something was up.
Old 02-20-2007, 04:57 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: CR7 Capt

ERJ135,

If you read this I'm trying to get ahold of you for questions about Commutair, I'm a CFII with 1200hours, I graduate college soon and I've always been very interested in your company. I take all my students to PLB for their +50nm xc's. Do you subscribe to any other aviation forums? This one won't let me PM untill I have 25 posts, and I dont feel like cluttering up this board with filler. It's hard finding info about commutair, plenty of Colgan stuff, but little commutair. Thanks.
Shoot me an e-mail and I'll give you the low down..
[email protected]
Old 02-20-2007, 10:32 AM
Flying Farmer

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: Turbo-props' and John Deere's

Even on that blog I think you will find that most people at the end of the day want the company and the airplane to succeed. I know I do, but I still cant justify some of their actions. It's not the whole company thats bad, probably just the top of the pyramid. I know people that are flying caravans around in the NE that are banking on the fact that the eclipse will show up soon and they can move up. They were originally expecting the planes much sooner than what they expect now. That blog helped me out in that regard (career decisions), I've never seen an active blog called "Cessna Aviation Critic" before so I knew something was up.
Funny you say that, I'm one of those waiting for the upgrade in a sense. I'm hopefully to be the first line-pilot at our company to get typed(over summer for our second delivery). I'll be behind my boss, and check-airmen(retired 747 capt)