Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

DayJet

Old 02-16-2007, 09:44 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Default DayJet

posted on wrong thread...dont know how to delete sorry... newbie mistake!
Old 02-18-2007, 09:46 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2005

While there is a topic already here about this, does anyone know whats up with these guys. I havent heard anything from them in forever. Their last press release on their website is from July. When do they plan on starting service?
Old 02-18-2007, 12:41 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: Citation II

Originally Posted by DJR_ View Post
While there is a topic already here about this, does anyone know whats up with these guys. I havent heard anything from them in forever. Their last press release on their website is from July. When do they plan on starting service?
They need airplanes first. They should have used Mustangs instead.
Old 02-18-2007, 01:48 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: CR7 Capt

I made a posting on it earlier in the year here is the link

http://www.airlinepilotforums.com/sh...ghlight=dayjet
Old 02-18-2007, 02:33 PM
Flying Farmer

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: Turbo-props' and John Deere's

Well, I can tell you one thing about Eclipse. My company has #4, and we haven't gotten it yet. It's been test flying a lot! Our Check-Airman is supposed to go get his type this week, but I'm not sure if that's going happen now. I'd say more, but I'm not 100% sure if what's wrong is really being caused by what the rumor mill is putting out. I'll post more when I know more
Old 02-18-2007, 04:35 PM
Gets Weekends Off

www.eclipseaviationcritic.com

Its a very entertaining blog, the eclipse program is a pathetic joke.
Old 02-18-2007, 04:47 PM
Gets Weekends Off

ERJ135,

If you read this I'm trying to get ahold of you for questions about Commutair, I'm a CFII with 1200hours, I graduate college soon and I've always been very interested in your company. I take all my students to PLB for their +50nm xc's. Do you subscribe to any other aviation forums? This one won't let me PM untill I have 25 posts, and I dont feel like cluttering up this board with filler. It's hard finding info about commutair, plenty of Colgan stuff, but little commutair. Thanks.
Old 02-18-2007, 04:52 PM
New Hire

Default Abq

Being based here in ABQ I see the little jets sitting out on the ramp or taxing out on a daily basis. The 2 I see most say DayJet on them. 1 is Blue and Neon Green and the other is Blue and Neon Orange with a base white. Good looking but the engines are so small they look as if there just big enough to be an APU. Hope it works for them but they have yet to recieve there production cert. and each one has to inspected as it is completed.

Just my 2 cents
Old 02-19-2007, 10:37 AM
Line Holder

Default Tlh

Saw an Eclipse land yesterday at TLH. Flightline (local FBO) is putting in some type of VLJ center here, with training facilities. Not sure if the plane I saw was affiliated with Dayjet or the VLJ center, but it did not have the Dayjet paint scheme. Very quiet airplane, BTW.
Old 02-19-2007, 04:33 PM
Flying Farmer

Position: Turbo-props' and John Deere's

Originally Posted by Andrew_VT View Post
www.eclipseaviationcritic.com

Its a very entertaining blog, the eclipse program is a pathetic joke.
Dead Link.

And being part of a company that is to recieve an Eclipse, I have a little insight of what's going wrong, but not at liberty to say at this time. I can say it sucks, because I want to fly it, but with everything new, there's always set-backs. Unfortunately, I think Eclipse was overly optimistic with certification etc..... Now they are paying the price with their reputation. If they would've been more conservative with the program, I think they'd reach the same actual delivery date. Btw, we have #4 and it's officially not delivered yet. They are saying within 2 weeks.(For now....)