Search
Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Boutique Air - Updated Info

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2018, 08:34 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2017

All PHX routes are overnight. I think I may have about 10 overnights in a month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-12-2018, 08:35 PM
Line Holder

Housing is provided during training. You will stay in a crew house with the other students

Old 10-15-2018, 03:42 PM
CFIing

Joined APC: Sep 2016

What does PICs get paid for flying on off days?
Old 10-15-2018, 04:06 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2016

That new two year training contract is a slap in the face. Don't fall for that crap guys. Go CFI for your hours instead and get on with your career sooner.

- ex Booty Que-r
Old 10-15-2018, 04:41 PM
In a land of unicorns

Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: Whale FO

Originally Posted by hawk21 View Post
That new two year training contract is a slap in the face. Don't fall for that crap guys. Go CFI for your hours instead and get on with your career sooner.

- ex Booty Que-r
Tradewind is 12 months, Planesense is 18 months. 24 months is crazy, especially with their pay, type of flying, and benefits.
Old 10-17-2018, 09:19 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2018

Originally Posted by hawk21 View Post

- ex Booty Que-r
i agree... if you are anywhere near the 500 hour mark, just instruct for a year or two. be free. no sense getting tied down into a massive repay for training contract in this hiring climate. arent your student loans ridiculous enough? why owe more to someone else? while you are stuck riding out a training contract you wont be able to pay back, guys who were instructing all that time are hiring to the regionals, collecting the bonus, inching that window ever closer to being closed all the while being senior to you

Boutique needs to scoop up some aspiring pilots as CSAs and in exchange for two years service as a CSA, cover the cost of their private, commercial single and instrument and then tangle those guys up into a contract.

i have no idea what the upper boutiquers were thinking when they rolled this out. I understand trying to retain personnel, but a two year paper lock down is ridiculous. You want quality people to stay you have to give an incentive. where is the incentive? if i stay ten years i get a $10,000 bonus?

Yes, there are a few boutique lifers it appears, i cant think of a dollar amount under $150,000 a year that would keep me at boutique for 4 or 5 years in this hiring climate. but lifers here are a rarity.

the rest of the pilot group hits their 1500 and bails out. I dont think they are leaving because they are necessarily unhappy... but because this is clearly a stepping stone type job. nobody in their right mind wants to look back in 4 years and say they spent nearly half a decade flying PC-12s for an EAS company while arguably the biggest hiring boom in aviation history was afoot.

i have learned quickly, this company does some things that leave you scratching your head. not just the two year contract... but stuff like spending a couple of thousand dollars to deadhead / hotel / uber an FO half way across america to cover one or two turns in good weather with a PIC who is single pilot capable - or setting you up with a hotel 30 miles from the airport because its $70 a night cheaper than the one 5 miles from the airport, but then paying $80 to ground trans you over there and back when the closer airport had a free shuttle service to start with - or expanding new routes in Pennsylvania and south texas at the same time without any apparent thought as to where the extra pilots, csa staff, aircraft etc are going to come from

Its nearing the end of October and i bet you anything there still is zero plan for getting skis and snowboards to Telluride Colorado.

Boutique is working this pilot hiring problem backwards... i know they look at these 500 hour folks and go "Where else are they gonna go?" so its easy to just eff em

but there are any number of 141 schools out there itching to give flight instructors $15,000 bonuses+/- to ink a one year deal while guaranteeing upwards of 100 hours per month

meanwhile your big reward for finishing out your time at boutique is that you dont owe them 14 grand, congratulations.
Old 10-18-2018, 12:09 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Sep 2017
Default Hiring

I have 900 hour TT, with 90 instrument, 400 x country, 25 multi, 60 night. I have applied to them 2 times and have not heard a word from them. So They must not be too hard up for pilots. So I ended up going with Cape Air. I start ground school 3 Dec.
Old 10-18-2018, 05:49 PM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by jrav8r View Post
What does PICs get paid for flying on off days?

$200 for off day. It is same for PIC or SIC

Old 10-18-2018, 07:48 PM
In a land of unicorns

Originally Posted by GearDwn View Post
$200 for off day. It is same for PIC or SIC

You're kidding, right?
Just to compare, PIC at my PC12 shop is $600 or $800, depending if it's high or low season.
Old 10-18-2018, 07:49 PM
In a land of unicorns

Originally Posted by Barretod2 View Post
I have 900 hour TT, with 90 instrument, 400 x country, 25 multi, 60 night. I have applied to them 2 times and have not heard a word from them. So They must not be too hard up for pilots. So I ended up going with Cape Air. I start ground school 3 Dec.
They've got tons and tons of SIC apps, but they are hurting bad for PICs.