Go Back   Airline Pilot Central Forums - Find your next job as a Pilot > >
Part 91 and Low Time Jump pilots, crop dusting, and other Part 91 jobs
 

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-14-2017, 10:05 AM   #1  
New Hire
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Apr 2017
Posts: 4
Default Pilot 2 (low time opportunity)

PRIVATE MESSAGE OR APPLY ONLINE AT WWW.L-3JOBS.COM to JOB # 086328

L-3 is looking for pilot candidates who meet our high standards of aviator skills, safety, professionalism, and customer focus. As the B300/350 ISR industry leader, our vision is to consistently be the world’s best sustainment provider for aerospace systems.

Duties
Operate aircraft in accordance with FAA, company and customer directives while operating and wearing Night Vision Goggle (NVG) / night vision enhanced devices from remote locations. Coordinates with maintenance personnel to analyze and correct aircraft discrepancies. Employees may be assigned other duties, as directed by management.




General Requirements
21 years of age
US Citizenship
Current US passport
Valid State Driver’s License
Active DoD security clearance is required
Read, write, speak and understand English

FAA Requirements
FAA Instrument Airplane certificate
Commercial Pilot, Airplane Multiengine Land
FAA Second Class Medical certificate (minimum of nine months remaining)

Flight Time Requirements
FAA Part 91 (Current)
Minimum of 1,000 hours of total documented flight time
500 hours Pilot in Command (PIC)
When evaluating the flight time of applicants meeting the basic qualifications, consideration will be given to, among other things, quality, quantity, recent experience, and verifiability of training; complexity of aircraft flown; types of flight operations; and hours flown as PIC in turbine powered aircraft. Applicants invited to interview must provide appropriate documentation of all flight hours.

Preferred Requirements
200 hours Turbine time
200 hours of Instrument (actual) time
300 hours PIC airplane multi-engine land

Other
Pre-employment drug test and a medical exam administered by L-3
Criminal history records check and a background check will be performed

L-3 offers a comprehensive full benefits package that includes a 401k plan with a match, Company paid life insurance, Company paid short term disability, Company paid training, and reimbursement accounts. Employee assistance program (EAP), employee stock purchase plans, group legal, and several employee perks.


Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.

L3 C3ISR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 10:37 AM   #2  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2016
Posts: 166
Default

Is the 1000 hour minimum set in stone?
I currently have thousands of hours of military UAS time but low manned time.
tonsterboy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 02:25 PM   #3  
Gets Weekends Off
 
StartUp161WanaB's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2011
Position: Left Seat 98Toyota
Posts: 191
Default

Security clearance ?

Can the company sponsor it?
StartUp161WanaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 02:32 PM   #4  
All is fine at .79
 
TiredSoul's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2016
Position: Paahlot
Posts: 1,556
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonsterboy5 View Post
Is the 1000 hour minimum set in stone?
I currently have thousands of hours of military UAS time but low manned time.
Flight time...FLIGHT time.
Time you've spend in FLIGHT.
TiredSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 05:02 PM   #5  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2016
Posts: 166
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiredSoul View Post
Flight time...FLIGHT time.
Time you've spend in FLIGHT.
Sorry for asking, maybe an employer would value someone with operational experience in the airspace where the job will be. Or maybe an employer would like someone who has been to austere environments before, or maybe it's the fact that I wouldn't need a new security clearance which includes significant time and $$$
tonsterboy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 05:18 PM   #6  
All is fine at .79
 
TiredSoul's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2016
Position: Paahlot
Posts: 1,556
Default

Sorry to burst your bubble from the safety of my hotel room but if that was an option they would have listed it.
TiredSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 09:50 PM   #7  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2015
Position: Gear slinger
Posts: 1,534
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonsterboy5 View Post
Sorry for asking, maybe an employer would value someone with operational experience in the airspace where the job will be. Or maybe an employer would like someone who has been to austere environments before, or maybe it's the fact that I wouldn't need a new security clearance which includes significant time and $$$
The prospective employer may value those things, however the customer sets the minimum hiring requirements.

One of my buddies at L3 is a former UAS pilot who got on after doing a year at the regionals to get the minimum required flight time (multi engine turbine) for their Pilot 3 program. It's not unusual for former UAS folks join the team once they met the minimum flight time requirments and be successful. If it's something you're interested in then I recommend getting the min required time then applying- your background probably wouldn't hurt during the application process.
Otterbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 02:58 AM   #8  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Feb 2007
Posts: 46
Default

I'm surprised there isn't more chatter regarding this position. The ISR threads seem mainly in the 135 forum which doesn't quite fit either.
ZAT4US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 03:59 AM   #9  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,002
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiredSoul View Post
Flight time...FLIGHT time.
Time you've spend in FLIGHT.
Hetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 05:50 AM   #10  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jul 2015
Position: CRJ FO
Posts: 91
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L3 C3ISR View Post
PRIVATE MESSAGE OR APPLY ONLINE AT WWW.L-3JOBS.COM to JOB # 086328

L-3 is looking for pilot candidates who meet our high standards of aviator skills, safety, professionalism, and customer focus. As the B300/350 ISR industry leader, our vision is to consistently be the world’s best sustainment provider for aerospace systems.

Duties
Operate aircraft in accordance with FAA, company and customer directives while operating and wearing Night Vision Goggle (NVG) / night vision enhanced devices from remote locations. Coordinates with maintenance personnel to analyze and correct aircraft discrepancies. Employees may be assigned other duties, as directed by management.




General Requirements
21 years of age
US Citizenship
Current US passport
Valid State Driver’s License
Active DoD security clearance is required
Read, write, speak and understand English

FAA Requirements
FAA Instrument Airplane certificate
Commercial Pilot, Airplane Multiengine Land
FAA Second Class Medical certificate (minimum of nine months remaining)

Flight Time Requirements
FAA Part 91 (Current)
Minimum of 1,000 hours of total documented flight time
500 hours Pilot in Command (PIC)
When evaluating the flight time of applicants meeting the basic qualifications, consideration will be given to, among other things, quality, quantity, recent experience, and verifiability of training; complexity of aircraft flown; types of flight operations; and hours flown as PIC in turbine powered aircraft. Applicants invited to interview must provide appropriate documentation of all flight hours.

Preferred Requirements
200 hours Turbine time
200 hours of Instrument (actual) time
300 hours PIC airplane multi-engine land

Other
Pre-employment drug test and a medical exam administered by L-3
Criminal history records check and a background check will be performed

L-3 offers a comprehensive full benefits package that includes a 401k plan with a match, Company paid life insurance, Company paid short term disability, Company paid training, and reimbursement accounts. Employee assistance program (EAP), employee stock purchase plans, group legal, and several employee perks.


Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.

How is 1000 hours required a low time opportunity?
BLURCEO is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
 

 
Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Logging XC according to Orlando FSDO Squawk87 Aviation Law 23 09-24-2016 07:08 PM
Low time pilot from Canada looking for advice Les Habitants Part 91 and Low Time 12 03-07-2011 12:14 PM
Time building opportunity for me, Q's nimdabew Flight Schools and Training 9 09-14-2010 03:00 PM
A320 Low Time, Type Rated and looking.... AirDriver Major 25 01-18-2009 04:36 PM
Best online Job search for Low time pilots?? AndresUmana Hiring News 2 06-17-2006 09:50 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:36 AM.


vBulletin® v3.9.3.5, Copyright ©2000-2019, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright ©2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1