Go Back   Airline Pilot Central Forums - Find your next job as a Pilot > >
Part 91 and Low Time Jump pilots, crop dusting, and other Part 91 jobs
 

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List
intherightseat

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-23-2015, 11:41 AM   #101  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Jun 2015
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rswitz View Post
Right now I've got an offer from Star Marianas. I'm ready to leave for Saipan in 3 weeks unless someone from Mokulele calls me and says don't go.
Does star Marianas have a contract? I was looking to apply there but was just offered an aerial photography job. I'm just curious about their operation out there.
Ricky5t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 12:44 PM   #102  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2013
Posts: 191
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky5t View Post
Does star Marianas have a contract? I was looking to apply there but was just offered an aerial photography job. I'm just curious about their operation out there.
The contract is for 6 months, after which point you have the option to re-sign. Seems to be a solid gig for what it is. You start off doing tour flights in a 172 and graduate to the Saratoga once you meet 135 VFR mins (500 hours) and the pay goes up. They are expanding their fleet right now with more Navajos and 6's so there is hope for multi time once you do your time in the singles. I've done all the research I can and my plan is to simply go out there and go with the flow.

The maintenance seems to be good and the islands are beautiful and cheap. I bet its going to be awesome.

I'm heading out there in a week and will keep you guys updated on how it turns out.
rswitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 02:37 PM   #103  
Contract
 
GreenWater's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2014
Position: SR22
Posts: 162
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rswitz View Post
The contract is for 6 months, after which point you have the option to re-sign. Seems to be a solid gig for what it is. You start off doing tour flights in a 172 and graduate to the Saratoga once you meet 135 VFR mins (500 hours) and the pay goes up. They are expanding their fleet right now with more Navajos and 6's so there is hope for multi time once you do your time in the singles. I've done all the research I can and my plan is to simply go out there and go with the flow.

The maintenance seems to be good and the islands are beautiful and cheap. I bet its going to be awesome.

I'm heading out there in a week and will keep you guys updated on how it turns out.

Awesome!! Good luck dude. Don't forget to give us the lowdown.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GreenWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 11:46 PM   #104  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Jun 2014
Posts: 8
Default Any Updates

Hey Guys, any of you insiders have any idea when they'll pick up with the hiring again? Sent my resume in back in july, I send out at least one email a month reaffirming my interest. Also in light correspondence with the DO and Director of Training but all I hear back is "No class date scheduled yet". They havent had a hiring class since August, so, fairly recent, but Im waiting for my shot at the job, its the perfect job since Im already in state. Theyre supposed to lose some pilots to the regionals this month since Skywest came in to interview 2 months ago and half of Mokulele pilots showed up.
srita95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 02:58 PM   #105  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Aug 2013
Posts: 12
Default

Heard of Mokulele for a while now. Former instructor in the seneca told me about them and how his friend is the chief pilot there. I've been putting off sending my resume however due to the fact I am currently at the University of San Francisco. Does anybody know if they are still accepting applications/hiring?

My goal is to become a corporate pilot, and I feel this would be a wonderful way to build up time.

Thank you!
haztronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 09:25 PM   #106  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Jun 2014
Posts: 8
Default

So supposedly my friend on the inside told me they've just taken in a December class with a January class anticipated. Now would be the time to send in the resumes. Good Luck to you all, Im trying to get in too.
srita95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 09:26 PM   #107  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Jun 2014
Posts: 8
Default

Theyre always accepting apps. Apply via the website.
srita95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 07:47 PM   #108  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Sep 2015
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by srita95 View Post
So supposedly my friend on the inside told me they've just taken in a December class with a January class anticipated. Now would be the time to send in the resumes. Good Luck to you all, Im trying to get in too.
Thanks for the heads up...gonna put my app in too
Mooneyav8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 07:21 AM   #109  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2013
Posts: 187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooneyav8r View Post
Thanks for the heads up...gonna put my app in too
Best of luck to everyone who's applying! Let us know how the process plays out
colonials13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 11:17 PM   #110  
Nothing to write
 
fiveninerzero's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: PA28 Flight Engineer
Posts: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rswitz View Post
Right now I've got an offer from Star Marianas. I'm ready to leave for Saipan in 3 weeks unless someone from Mokulele calls me and says don't go.
I'm late to the boat, but this sounds better. PIC time and the Marianas/Guam are cheaper than Hawaii believe it or not. For what Mokulele pays, you need to have family in HI to sleep on their floor.

It's the same as HI, just much less crowded, unless you are hellbent on hiking and surfing.
fiveninerzero is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
 

 
Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Why do airlines keep going bankrupt?" Tsuda Major 24 12-01-2011 10:04 PM
American Eagle ALPA & AA APA Strike bgmann Regional 31 11-19-2011 07:33 PM
Who's making bank in Q1? Sniper Major 8 06-18-2009 09:31 AM
Southwest Airlines Article from CNN UnlimitedAkro Major 60 03-11-2008 12:14 PM
Pinnacle buys Colgan? HIREME Regional 61 01-24-2007 07:34 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:33 PM.


vBulletin® v3.9.3.5, Copyright ©2000-2019, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright 2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1