Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-09-2020, 02:50 PM   #1  
On Reserve
Thread Starter
 
deeznutz18E's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2020
Position: Desk
Posts: 19
Default HIMS Aftercare w/ Airlines

New guy here.

Just received my First Class SI for alcohol abuse. In the regional application process.

Any 121 guys here who have already gone down this road? I'm trying to figure out how aftercare/group/outpatient/whatever you want to call it fits into a 121 schedule, especially as a new hire with training and such. I don't see scheduling carving out a day every week for me to attend my session...nor would I expect it.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
deeznutz18E is offline  
Old 01-10-2020, 12:10 PM   #2  
Line Holder
 
DrainTheSwamp's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2017
Posts: 61
Default

The requirement for weekly aftercare meetings is 50%. They know a pilot travels and could possibly not be able to attend every week. So 2 a month complies with the requirement, but only if you are traveling on days you could be there. If you have all 4 days off in a month then you need to go to all 4. Your after care counselor will work with you if you are in training and can`t get to the requirement.
DrainTheSwamp is offline  
Old 01-10-2020, 03:14 PM   #3  
On Reserve
Thread Starter
 
deeznutz18E's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2020
Position: Desk
Posts: 19
Default

Awesome, thank you!
deeznutz18E is offline  
Old 01-11-2020, 06:09 AM   #4  
Line Holder
 
Fifi's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2019
Posts: 74
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeznutz18E View Post
New guy here.

Just received my First Class SI for alcohol abuse. In the regional application process.

Any 121 guys here who have already gone down this road? I'm trying to figure out how aftercare/group/outpatient/whatever you want to call it fits into a 121 schedule, especially as a new hire with training and such. I don't see scheduling carving out a day every week for me to attend my session...nor would I expect it.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
Those are all questions for your AME, assuming youíre not his first HIMS sponsee.

Imho.
Fifi is offline  
Old 01-12-2020, 10:39 AM   #5  
On Reserve
Thread Starter
 
deeznutz18E's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2020
Position: Desk
Posts: 19
Default

Thanks.

For anyone else in the process, my SI wait was four months from submission to approval.
deeznutz18E is offline  
Old 03-12-2020, 03:01 PM   #6  
Gets Weekends Off
 
PSA Recruiter's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2017
Posts: 201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeznutz18E View Post
Thanks.

For anyone else in the process, my SI wait was four months from submission to approval.
If you have any questions, PM me. I can answer this.
PSA Recruiter is offline  
Old 08-13-2020, 11:40 AM   #7  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Aug 2020
Posts: 1
Default The HIMS Nightmare

Folks:

For those who have questions about the requirements of HIMS, I just read an excellent book from Amazon called "The HIMS Nightmare." The author also provides a variety of resources such as HIMS forums, aviation medical lawyers, etc. at www.himsnightmare.com
William Green is offline  
Old 08-13-2020, 03:23 PM   #8  
Perennial Reserve
 
Excargodog's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2018
Posts: 6,150
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeznutz18E View Post
Thanks.

For anyone else in the process, my SI wait was four months from submission to approval.
All things considered, not unreasonable. My kidsí school district still hasnít decided if they are going to have school this year and itís supposed to start in two weeks.
Excargodog is online now  
Old 08-16-2020, 03:38 PM   #9  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Bozo the pilot's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2013
Position: Bus left
Posts: 2,523
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Green View Post
Folks:

For those who have questions about the requirements of HIMS, I just read an excellent book from Amazon called "The HIMS Nightmare." The author also provides a variety of resources such as HIMS forums, aviation medical lawyers, etc. at www.himsnightmare.com
The program that you bash in your first post has saved thousands of careers. Why so bitter about the program?
Bozo the pilot is offline  
Old 08-16-2020, 04:17 PM   #10  
Gets Weekends Off
 
tallpilot's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2011
Position: E145 CA
Posts: 324
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozo the pilot View Post
The program that you bash in your first post has saved thousands of careers. Why so bitter about the program?
I don't think he is bashing the program. That happens to be the title of the book. Perhaps the author has a strong opinion about the program?
tallpilot is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Article-Smaller airlines' pilots have less ex Flatspin Regional 43 02-16-2009 07:45 PM
Pinnacle Airlines Corp. Announces Expansion of Partnership With Continental Airlines Past V1 Regional 61 01-22-2009 07:17 AM
Airlines in Banktuptcy Land PeanutButter Major 0 04-16-2007 05:11 PM
Pinnacle buys Colgan? HIREME Regional 61 01-24-2007 07:34 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:22 AM.