Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-18-2011, 09:49 AM   #11  
Gets Weekends Off
 
squawkoff's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: ????
Posts: 569
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by What View Post
Under the current AE pilot contract we are not allowed to strike, we gave that away under this contract.

Ok. Let me restate my question: Wouldn't that be a quandary for Obama? Since unions were big donors to his campaign it would be interesting to see what kind of reaction he would get from the SEIU and other unions if he did order a striking airline, other than AE, union back to work.
squawkoff is offline  
Old 11-18-2011, 10:20 AM   #12  
Underpaid...
 
What's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2010
Position: French-Canadian
Posts: 2,101
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by squawkoff View Post
Ok. Let me restate my question: Wouldn't that be a quandary for Obama? Since unions were big donors to his campaign it would be interesting to see what kind of reaction he would get from the SEIU and other unions if he did order a striking airline, other than AE, union back to work.
I understand your point. What if AMR was to go BK, with the media jumping all over court cases and televising it, what if the media televised the hearings and broke everything down for the consumer to understand all the outsourcing and how the airline management plays music chairs with pilots and lobbies the white house to not increase safety because it will cost them money.
What is offline  
Old 11-18-2011, 11:54 AM   #13  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Wingtips's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2011
Posts: 820
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by subrat View Post
Yea if you sit around and talk to the Union guys.....Dan Garton is not to be trusted after reading his paper to the government.... If you have any friends that are lawyers have them read the proposal ....Never flown out of Dallas ---ORD based
I am not even sure who the 'union guys' are? I just talk to the guys I fly with, the guys from my class, guys I have flown with and ended the trip still wanting to talk to, etc. I dont know who is union, most are just trying to get the heck out of the regional industry.
Wingtips is offline  
Old 11-18-2011, 12:28 PM   #14  
Gets Weekends Off
 
buddies8's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,167
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingtips View Post
yet everyone i talk to says they are, and most of the crew room banter seems in favor....also i do not go to dallas
Yes, the I am leaving to AA train group. The I get a pay raise group. The I get to upgrade group. To bad that is all they read. they should read the full 15 page TA a few time to understand where the union has given everything back that all believe to be getting.

I should fell bad for saying this, but I dont. Those who vote yes, will see a pay cut, displacement, and furlough from this, ( I get the pay cut) and I could not be happier. Thats what happens walking with blinders on.
buddies8 is online now  
Old 11-18-2011, 12:30 PM   #15  
Gets Weekends Off
 
buddies8's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,167
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ Pilot View Post
please don't listen to those AEPA scumbags.or scumbag.
And with which part do you disagree with and what do you base it on?
buddies8 is online now  
Old 11-18-2011, 12:40 PM   #16  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Wingtips's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2011
Posts: 820
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddies8 View Post
and furlough from this,-
All your other logic is understandable, but this part is just confusing! PLEASE explain the logic on this.
Wingtips is offline  
Old 11-18-2011, 05:11 PM   #17  
Where's my Mai Tai?
 
Swedish Blender's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: fins to the left, fins to the right
Posts: 1,543
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by squawkoff View Post
Wouldn't that be a quandary for Obama? Since unions were big donors to his campaign it would be interesting to see what kind of reaction he would get from the SEIU and other unions if he did order a striking airline union back to work.
Don't hold your breath. No one in the white house is union friendly when push comes to shove. The flip side is, I used to fly with several ex-Eastern pilots who were mad when Bush let them strike and ultimately fail.

February 15, 1997
"Invoking seldom-used emergency powers, President Clinton intervened today minutes after midnight to halt a strike by American Airlines pilots that had threatened to disrupt air travel nationwide."
Swedish Blender is offline  
Old 11-18-2011, 05:12 PM   #18  
Gets Weekends Off
 
buddies8's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,167
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingtips View Post
All your other logic is understandable, but this part is just confusing! PLEASE explain the logic on this.

furlough from this TA passing. Those would be the results.
buddies8 is online now  
Old 11-18-2011, 05:24 PM   #19  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Wingtips's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2011
Posts: 820
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddies8 View Post
furlough from this TA passing. Those would be the results.
Explain why the TA would result in furloughing, particularly more furloughing, in comparison to it being voted down.
Wingtips is offline  
Old 11-18-2011, 06:04 PM   #20  
Gets Weekends Off
 
buddies8's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,167
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingtips View Post
Explain why the TA would result in furloughing, particularly more furloughing, in comparison to it being voted down.

The furloughing would be the same amount in either case. They will be used as FTDT recall fill ins. Why, because you will have 50 airplanes parked between 2014-2016 and all the ATR's between 2012-2013.

Roughly 75 airplanes, 10 pilots per plane thats 750 pilots. 240 have AA numbers, 70% will go, leaving you 70 from the 240. 750-240=510,510+70=580. 580 excess pilots, unless other majors start hiring, no pref hire will be at AA short of 5 years from 2012.

Recalls at AA will only continue to maybe to let the numbered flow pilots who elect to go to AA, leave. The rest are excess.
buddies8 is online now  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Another News Ariticle Ref Eagle's Shortage (Printed 09-01-07) Lbell911 Regional 23 04-22-2012 10:33 AM
Phone call: Alpa to eagle pilots bgmann Regional 82 07-27-2011 10:54 AM
APA thinks Eagle is a problem? Tsuda Major 4 10-20-2010 07:37 PM
Why ALPA is losing the Battle flyharm Mergers and Acquisitions 0 02-18-2008 06:49 PM
American Eagle Increases Jet Service Between Moline and Dallas/Fort Worth Breton Hangar Talk 0 06-24-2005 02:53 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:52 PM.