Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-08-2012, 05:39 AM   #11  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Jun 2008
Posts: 8,331
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DashDriverYV View Post
Says the pilot employed by AMR. Guess you never denied being of the same breed though
Both the present Eagle and AA are a far cry from this company and how it treats its pilots. Sure, AMR's management ethics in regard to personal compensation and their business prowess is equally weak, but in talking to pilots at this carrier, I can confidently say I wouldn't be one of their employees.

Now what happens in the future is a different story. I can assure you if AA sinks to anywhere near this level then I'll put my keyboard where my sneakers are and walk elsewhere.
eaglefly is offline  
Old 04-08-2012, 05:45 AM   #12  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Jun 2008
Posts: 8,331
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinsilvia666 View Post
haha he is getting the praise he deserves....if there is one thing i seen at this company - it is that the people in MGMT, really do find themselves in hot water (pay, fatigue issues) or in the negative spotlight (3407, training) often and harshly....to my pleasure.
Yet, they keep getting richer and pilots keep getting abused and poorer for it. My bet says they're at home relaxing by their BBQ's with a cold drink laughing louder then you are on your 3rd JM/RA or swatting misquitos in a fleabag hotel on your 8.5 hour layover. They're considering their next lucrative financial move, while pilots consider how to pay the mortgage (if they can afford one).

Of course, their job is easier when they make in one month what many pilots slaving for them make in one year. You're fooling yourself if you think it will change anytime soon.
eaglefly is offline  
Old 04-08-2012, 06:02 AM   #13  
Gets Weekends Off
 
vtx531's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2005
Posts: 156
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglefly View Post
My bet says they're at home relaxing by their BBQ's with a cold drink laughing
Sad thing is you are absolutely right! How long will the middle class put up with this?
vtx531 is offline  
Old 04-08-2012, 07:07 AM   #14  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Jun 2008
Posts: 8,331
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtx531 View Post
Sad thing is you are absolutely right! How long will the middle class put up with this?
That's my point. WE as a profession seem WILLING to put up with this, so what message do you think that sends to these scumbags ?

Yep............that we're saps and are willing to take it and in fact, even when we know about it before hand to eagerly line up to get our fair share of abuse.

Never underestimate the powerful intoxication of a shiny jet. You'd think we were back in the flower-power days of '67 flying on owsley's acid.
eaglefly is offline  
Old 04-08-2012, 07:12 AM   #15  
Gets Weekends Off
 
squawkoff's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: ????
Posts: 571
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAMushroom View Post
This is awful! When will we require our congressmen to pass laws to end this gross abuse. This reminds me of stories my parents used to tell me about, during the rise of unions, because corps would do things like this. Or they would work you until six months before retiring then fire you, or somehow wipe out your pensions. Oh.. woops...

For all those at PNCL, especially at Cologan, my sympathies.

There are enough laws on the books. We want a law passed because the American people (includes me too) are too lazy to do research on their own and then vote with their feet or pocket book. Not only that, the info that we do find in our research, if we do research, may not be accurate. Between companies using the loop holes in the law and the media distorting the facts or delaying the facts we may or may not be able to sift out the truth within the piles of BS. Let's not forget that the very same congressmen that pass these laws are crooks too. Kind of like the fox guarding the hen house. Other than that I agree with everything else in the post.
squawkoff is offline  
Old 04-08-2012, 08:23 AM   #16  
Gets Weekends Off
 
MunkyButtr's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2010
Posts: 687
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglefly View Post
That's my point. WE as a profession seem WILLING to put up with this, so what message do you think that sends to these scumbags ?

Yep............that we're saps and are willing to take it and in fact, even when we know about it before hand to eagerly line up to get our fair share of abuse.

Never underestimate the powerful intoxication of a shiny jet. You'd think we were back in the flower-power days of '67 flying on owsley's acid.
Its called invested senority. Which at pinnacle essentially means jack. Every one preaches to just quit. Well the majors arent hiring right now and I'd venture a guess that anyone with more than 6 years senority at this party isn't willing to take a 30 dollar pay cut to plug up another shady regional senority list. Just quit? Tell that to my two kids. I categorize that with the union constantly telling me to accept it and move on. And we wonder why pilots drink like fish and go through marriages like underwear. There is no support at this level, not from mgmt or our union. Answer me this... if Menke throws out our contract do yoh think its right that we have to keep paying dues? Cause we will...
MunkyButtr is offline  
Old 04-08-2012, 08:38 AM   #17  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2007
Posts: 125
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglefly View Post
Both the present Eagle and AA are a far cry from this company and how it treats its pilots. Sure, AMR's management ethics in regard to personal compensation and their business prowess is equally weak, but in talking to pilots at this carrier, I can confidently say I wouldn't be one of their employees.

Now what happens in the future is a different story. I can assure you if AA sinks to anywhere near this level then I'll put my keyboard where my sneakers are and walk elsewhere.
So you'll be leaving your current job after being shorted $100 on your next paycheck? Or will you leave once your management team takes a 100K pay raise? Or are you going to leave when you have a week of vacation taken away in BK? I think "a far cry" is a bit of an exaggeration - take a step back and make an honest assessment of what the future holds for you. Your future is not much different than the future of many 9E pilots. Where are you going to go once you leave?
jayray is offline  
Old 04-08-2012, 09:08 AM   #18  
Gets Weekends Off
 
IBPilot's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2008
Posts: 939
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatspin View Post
Even funnier is that not only will people continue to work there, but others will continue join in while the operation is sucked dry.

gotta love the anonymous "my regional rocks and yours sucks" clueless chest thumpers...:roll eyes: it's about as stupid as me telling you and everyone else to man up and don't go to work in support of Pinnacle pilots.


yeah genius we are all gonna quit to take an 18K job as FO at one of the few regionals that is actively hiring...
IBPilot is offline  
Old 04-08-2012, 10:41 AM   #19  
Gets Weekends Off
 
JamesNoBrakes's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2011
Position: Volleyball Player
Posts: 3,533
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by squawkoff View Post
There are enough laws on the books. We want a law passed because the American people (includes me too) are too lazy to do research on their own and then vote with their feet or pocket book. Not only that, the info that we do find in our research, if we do research, may not be accurate. Between companies using the loop holes in the law and the media distorting the facts or delaying the facts we may or may not be able to sift out the truth within the piles of BS. Let's not forget that the very same congressmen that pass these laws are crooks too. Kind of like the fox guarding the hen house. Other than that I agree with everything else in the post.
Right, so with no accountability for the schools that don't tell people how it is, not accountability for the lenders that lend out to the SJSers, we somehow expect people to magically understand how the industry works before they make these decisions, and then just call them idiots when they get here and realize that it isn't all that they were led to believe? I'm all for responsiblity, but it's not fair to take on this attitude when people don't have the information to make balanced decisions, and at some point there should be some accountability, not after it's "too late".
JamesNoBrakes is offline  
Old 04-08-2012, 11:19 AM   #20  
Gets Weekends Off
 
gonyon's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,399
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by squawkoff View Post
There are enough laws on the books. We want a law passed because the American people (includes me too) are too lazy to do research on their own and then vote with their feet or pocket book. Not only that, the info that we do find in our research, if we do research, may not be accurate. Between companies using the loop holes in the law and the media distorting the facts or delaying the facts we may or may not be able to sift out the truth within the piles of BS. Let's not forget that the very same congressmen that pass these laws are crooks too. Kind of like the fox guarding the hen house. Other than that I agree with everything else in the post.
so all of the non web board sources (few web boards when i started and I really didn't use them) that told me that everything was going to go a certain way over period of time and cost a certain amount were wrong. Their story jived with all of the other sources that I checked from other venders. I was not used to living in a world of lies and deception. From start to finish, aviation is a den of thieves and liars.
gonyon is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For those who J/S on Pinnacle to/from Memphis OKLATEX Cargo 3 04-03-2012 03:07 PM
Pinnacle bought Mesaba vtx531 Regional 78 07-01-2010 05:36 PM
Chicago Tribune "Fatigue Article" djrogs03 Regional 12 01-17-2010 07:53 PM
Well done MESA BOD! familyguy Regional 49 04-11-2008 12:03 AM
Airlines in Banktuptcy Land PeanutButter Major 0 04-16-2007 05:11 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:17 AM.