Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta?

Subscribe
198  698  1098  1148  1188  1194  1195  1196  1197  1198  1199  1200  1201  1202  1208  1248  1298  1698  2198 
Page 1198 of 20173
Go to
Quote: The program is similar here. In most cases the LTD plan pays you 50% of pay until you get better, no longer qualify for LTD, or reach the FAA mandatory retirement age. DPMA overlays up to 24 months of protection bringing you up to an after tax effective 100% of pay.

LTD payments only last 2 years for mental/nervous, and there are some exclusions for illegal acts, etc, but in general if you can't hold a medical you get paid.

I believe that DPMA only pays the remaining 50% over LTD for 12 months ( to make you whole for one year) but is available to use 2 times during your career hence the 24 months of coverage.
Quote:
I believe that DPMA only pays the remaining 50% over LTD for 12 months ( to make you whole for one year) but is available to use 2 times during your career hence the 24 months of coverage.
That's true for most pilots, but any North guy that had more than 1200 hours of sick bank gets to use it until his equivalent sick bank was exhausted. It was a direct exchange for the value that they brought over in the merger. Delta is subsidizing the DPMA payments.
South guys/gals,

Do you have any way to predict how junior a position will go when an AE is published? I know I saw a place on DeltaNet where you can see where you fall as far as preferences--forgot where it is though. Where is it and is that updated daily or every month?
Quote:

I think DPMA is only applicable to Short Term Disability... not Long Term.. Once that is used up THEN you are considereed LTD, and DPMA goes away. I could be mistaken though.
Quote: South guys/gals,

Do you have any way to predict how junior a position will go when an AE is published? I know I saw a place on DeltaNet where you can see where you fall as far as preferences--forgot where it is though. Where is it and is that updated daily or every month?
I don't know if you guys have access or are using DBMS currently, but if you can go onto DBMS and you can look under the Advance Entitlements tab. I believe it's option (H.

Then you can look at your relative seniority in a given category and also look at pilots that are senior to you that have a bid in for that category. Keep in mind that with this option;

1) Many pilots won't put there bid in until the last minute, so you're not seeing them.

2) The pilots that are senior to you that have put in for a category may have put in qualifiers that would allow you to get the bid ahead of them because they said they either wanted to be a "line holder" or maybe 40% in category. You don't get to see their qualifiers....

Hope this helps..... Good luck!

TC
Also it does not look at VD or MD preferences only AE preferences.
Thanks guys. So, the qualifiers for the AE will probably decrease the amount of senior bidders ahead of you. But, with this AE, the VD and MD will probably increase the number of senior bidders ahead of you. Is that right?
With the upcoming series of AEs, it might be wise to open a new sticky thread on AE,VD,MD,DH,DDA, MickeyDs, all kinds of Ds out there. Just a thought.
Quote: With the upcoming series of AEs, it might be wise to open a new sticky thread on AE,VD,MD,DH,DDA, MickeyDs, all kinds of Ds out there. Just a thought.
No thread required:

AE - Aerospace Engineering (a process Boeing used to use)
VD - Venerial Disease (the itch you cannot scratch, you shouldn't have gone so cheap in AMS or GRU*)
MD - Medical Doctor (more beaten down than the average line pilot)
DH - Decision Height (the altitude to which you determine what kind of Captian you're flying with... does not apply to Delta, just SWA)
DDA - Derived Decision Altitude (MDA + 50')
Mickey D's - McDonalds (great food to get to antagonize the vegan you're flying with)
Heavy D - Rapper (word)
Quote: No thread required:

AE - Aerospace Engineering (a process Boeing used to use)
VD - Venerial Disease (the itch you cannot scratch)
MD - Medical Doctor (more beaten down than the average line pilot)
DH - Decision Height (the altitude to which you determine what kind of Captian you're flying with... does not apply to Delta, just SWA)
DDA - Derived Decision Altitude (MDA + 50', a source of mass confusion until you pull out the chart)
Mickey D's - McDonalds (great food to get to antagonize the vegan you're flying with)
Heavy D - Rapper (word)
Don't you need to go flying or something? You definitely have to much time on your hands. It was funny though.

On a side note, have you flown with a Vegan? I have not seen a DAL CA yet that does not love dead animal.
198  698  1098  1148  1188  1194  1195  1196  1197  1198  1199  1200  1201  1202  1208  1248  1298  1698  2198 
Page 1198 of 20173
Go to