UPS 2020 Hiring

Subscribe
4  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  24  64 
Page 14 of 97
Go to
During the interview, how many people will be present besides the candidate and what are their positions with UPS?
Quote: During the interview, how many people will be present besides the candidate and what are their positions with UPS?
2, 1 from HR and 1 pilot or (former pilot) in my case.
Thanks everyone! Great info! I’ve gotten ahold of Adam Hughes and he’s got some great information. Thanks for all the other questions too! Very helpful.
Relax
I think the biggest bit of advice to give in all of this is to RELAX. It is completely up to you how you perform in the interview. If you want to spend money on interview prep, go for it, there are a lot of options out there and a lot of opinions on who is "the best". If you don't want to spend money on interview prep, then don't. Only you can know how YOU perform in high stress situations.... and if you're a pilot with any experience, you probably do fairly well with stressful situations.
For what it's worth, I never went through an interview prep. I simply did some research, talked with a buddy or two and went in with the mindset of "This is me. If you don't like me for me, then this isn't the company for me." meaning, I wasn't going to answer questions with what I "thought" they wanted to hear, but rather, what I really thought and felt. Guess they liked me as I've been with the company for just over a year and change. Just be yourself, be honest and most importantly RELAX. Just my $0.02
Had a line check 2 weeks ago. Was told hiring in 2020 will exceed over 300. Retirements are doubling over mandatory. YMMV.
Quote: Had a line check 2 weeks ago. Was told hiring in 2020 will exceed over 300.
We were told "around 300 newhires" in both 2018 (220) and 2019 (246).

Over 300 next year would certainly be great, guess we'll see...
Quote: guess we'll see...
Yeah, his lips were moving!
Quote: We were told "around 300 newhires" in both 2018 (220) and 2019 (246).

Over 300 next year would certainly be great, guess we'll see...
They said that last year, and the year before, and I believe even the year before that. And it always turns out to be less like around 270 if I remember correctly
^This!! But, are these numbers being reference the number hired (given a class date) or the number remaining on the seniority list after x amount of time?
My parentheses numbers are hires per the IPA, not retained crewmembers.
4  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  24  64 
Page 14 of 97
Go to