Berry Aviation

Subscribe
5  11  12  13  14  15  16 
Page 15 of 16
Go to
Quote: It doesn't sound like you're employed at Berry, I doubt that will change.
Yes, for sure I wouldn't take 70% pay cut to take pride in being abused. Sounds like you do work for Berry, and I also doubt that will change.
Quote: Yes, for sure I wouldn't take 70% pay cut to take pride in being abused. Sounds like you do work for Berry, and I also doubt that will change.
Unless Berry buys the legacy airline i work for, you are wrong. The sad part is Berry paid better.

Apologies to the thread for getting so off topic
Quote: Unless Berry buys the legacy airline i work for, you are wrong. The sad part is Berry paid better.

Apologies to the thread for getting so off topic
Berry pays $300/hr?

Should have applied earlier my brother
Hey all,

Been reading through all the pages and see that the schedule is not the best with being on call all week, but my question is how much does one actually fly? Are you flying all day every day or just a few times a week?
Quote: Hey all,

Been reading through all the pages and see that the schedule is not the best with being on call all week, but my question is how much does one actually fly? Are you flying all day every day or just a few times a week?
No good "clean" answer. I like to describe it as feast/famine. You could be called on a Monday, fly every day, total 30hrs, and be home Friday night. Or you could sit at home for 2 weeks straight. Or be called on a Tuesday, sit in a hotel Wednesday, fly Thursday, and get an airline ticket home Friday. Typical busy time is Fall/Winter, with the slow time Spring/Summer.
You could potentially fly 8hrs in one day within 10hrs duty or fly 4hrs within 16hrs duty. There are too many variables to list, so you have to expect both extremes. Annual flight times are probably ~600 +/- 100 with the extremes being 800+ hrs.
Quote: No good "clean" answer. I like to describe it as feast/famine. You could be called on a Monday, fly every day, total 30hrs, and be home Friday night. Or you could sit at home for 2 weeks straight. Or be called on a Tuesday, sit in a hotel Wednesday, fly Thursday, and get an airline ticket home Friday. Typical busy time is Fall/Winter, with the slow time Spring/Summer.
You could potentially fly 8hrs in one day within 10hrs duty or fly 4hrs within 16hrs duty. There are too many variables to list, so you have to expect both extremes. Annual flight times are probably ~600 +/- 100 with the extremes being 800+ hrs.
Okay, that seems like that could get somewhat annoying not having a true schedule over time and not ever knowing if you are going to work today.

Do you know if they consider low-time guys ~500-600TT?
Quote: Okay, that seems like that could get somewhat annoying not having a true schedule over time and not ever knowing if you are going to work today.

Do you know if they consider low-time guys ~500-600TT?
They have in the past and that is the current minimum listed on the job openings.
What flight exp. and hrs are needed to get on as a 120 FO? Seems they fly a good number of hrs.
Quote: What flight exp. and hrs are needed to get on as a 120 FO? Seems they fly a good number of hrs.
Depends on the quality of the applicant pool, and where you stand in it. But usually somewhere around 500-800hrs is what they look for. If you got some extra stuff like 100hrs multi or MEI it could help you get looked at with lower time. Also, if you already live in one of their bases, likely to help you out.
Is Berry still holding firm to the 30mins from Base rule? Do you think this will ever be relaxed?
5  11  12  13  14  15  16 
Page 15 of 16
Go to