FedEx Interview/New Hire Class

Subscribe
5  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  25 
Page 15 of 30
Go to
Quote: Yes, Internal Hires are typically from Fedex Corporate or Professional instructors who've been teaching 3 yrs or longer in Fedex sims
Thanks for the response. Best of luck to those guys and gals.
Quote: We may have some internal hires starting around May 2014.
Source? I am a Pro and this is news to me!
Per one of the "Legacy" guys involved in the interview process. During his conversations with flight management (read middle and upper) he has been told that FedEx has NO plans to interview or hire for at least two years.

Sorry for those on the outside wanting in.
Quote: Per one of the "Legacy" guys involved in the interview process. During his conversations with flight management (read middle and upper) he has been told that FedEx has NO plans to interview or hire for at least two years.

Sorry for those on the outside wanting in.
BS. They have plans to hire without a doubt. They have no idea what all of the retirement-eligible pilots plan on doing...and there are a lot. They would have to hire given the current system form.
They don't have much of an idea what will happen with this contract in the way of more efficiency or less.
What about the "one level of safety"? How will that impact manning should cargo pilots be treated the same as the passenger world?
They definitely have "plans", it's just when/if they need to implement them.
When I hear "no plans to XXX for XXX amount of time" I chuckle.
During contract negotiations management states they have no plans to hire... Shocking.
We don't need to hire for a shortage of crewmembers. But we will need someone to go to CGN.

The other option is 757 SIBA to CGN.
I will go to CGN yesterday! I am on the inside looking....IN. I need to rent a plane in memphis for currency. Anyone want to offer? Being a sim instructor means nothing for currency. Isn't that a bunch of crap?
Quote: I will go to CGN yesterday!
Fixed it for you. I wouldn't want to read any posts at my interview.
If they are not going to hire for at least two years then I want more money NOW in this contract to make up for my loss of upward mobility not to mention the last six years of stagnation.
Quote: If they are not going to hire for at least two years then I want more money NOW in this contract to make up for my loss of upward mobility not to mention the last six years of stagnation.
Thank the guys that won't retire... Over 60 with 25 years service

Hiring doesn't make upward mobility. Retiring, firing and dying does.
5  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  25 
Page 15 of 30
Go to