Leave UAL for FDX?

Subscribe
7  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21 
Page 17 of 24
Go to
Quote: ​​​​​​When their MEM base opens, are they going to have their own ops building and crew room/sleep facilities, etc.?
I dunno? Maybe ask them on their forum?
Quote: ​​​​​​When their MEM base opens, are they going to have their own ops building and crew room/sleep facilities, etc.?
Doubt they’ll have sleep facilities. I don’t believe they don’t hub turn in MEM currently. All international departures.
UnusualAttitude is correct. Haven’t done any yet, but the lines we had these past months did not require crew rooms/facilities at least as a 74 guy and it’s not normal for us, but things can change/lines were different 30/60 days ago. If that happened I would never bid for it, hub turns bite for myself although there might be some folks who are into it but doubtful. Not the lifestyle I would ever take when given the choice as I have stayed clear of our 76 operation, etc. Makes sense for myself to drive to MEM as I live in Middle TN, but I’m watching closely to ensure I don’t get trapped into something undesirable on my terms (just me specifically). Any significant CV19 restrictions could change my thinking. Seems they had some good higher time lines headed thru the Asia sector and immediately back. MEM start but some ANC out and backs over and over again so that might entice a few folks. Not my jam just yet, seems a bit bland needs more flavor. Your catering is awesome comparably speaking of course, but I’m trying to lose a few pounds.
Repeat and add statement….

Best job in aviation, please don’t screw it up with current negotiations. Fedex is viewed as the industry leader, if somehow they screw things up and get a new sub par CBA that will trickle down. We are all rooting for Purple!
Quote: Probably, until I saw a Atlas 747 bird using a FedEx callsign.
So Connie was a better callsign when you used it for those flights?
Quote: Probably, until I saw a Atlas 747 bird using a FedEx callsign.
You know FedEx has a wet lease agreement with the Fedex pilots and Atlas during peak? Fedex pilots get paid for Atlas flying FedEx freight. If FedEx had the planes, Atlas wouldn't being flying FX freight.. It happens every fall during peak.
Quote: So Connie was a better callsign when you used it for those flights?
Did they? Connie never used Ups callsign during peak. And this is during peak, which was for only for Novmeber and December.
Quote: You know FedEx has a wet lease agreement with the Fedex pilots and Atlas during peak? Fedex pilots get paid for Atlas flying FedEx freight. If FedEx had the planes, Atlas wouldn't being flying FX freight.. It happens every fall during peak.
That’s true in theory but they have been on our ramp for a year and a half now but I haven’t seen a penny in my check yet. I’m definitely in the boat who thinks our scope clause needs some series work.
[QUOTE=fly2ski;3278566]
Quote: I often hear concerns from pax pilots about the long term health effects of night flying.

Not to mention block hours, 26 years at FDX and have never flown more than 425 hours in a year. Most years I’m in the mid 300’s. Pax guys 700-900 hours a year, no thanks.
Is it safe to assume you never break min guarantee here?
[QUOTE=fishn;3283584]
Quote:
Is it safe to assume you never break min guarantee here?
Not at all. I had over 1,200 credit hours last year on just 377 Block.

FedEx is just a different system form. Lots of soft time.
7  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21 
Page 17 of 24
Go to