UPS recalls update?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 6
Go to
There's 2005 hires on the bottom of the 72 list. Now will they stay captains? Who knows.
That was frozen on the last bid. They're the last of the mohicans. I'm 2002 and I couldn't bid it last time.
There is always HKG!

The IPA has to seriously pursue FDX Deadhead Policy. Why there is not a swell of IPA'ers asking for this is beyond me. Apathy?

The company would have to hire 150 over night. And this is something our main peer has had for generations. When one has to get to Europe or Asia on an Airline, the Trip-rig just expanded 24 hours minimum. Less Block hours covered, and so on. And UPS is beholden to the Airline Schedules. Not the UPS airplane leaving in two hours.

This is a must if people want significant hiring.
Quote: Very unlikely for the balance of the year. Hiring will only be driven by the regulation changes that have been proposed.
The TNT freight/packages will just go on bigger airplanes which will not create more jobs, remember that more volume doesn't mean more seats. It may actually mean fewer seats as they put a bigger airplane on a run and combine two cities and go from two small airplanes to one bigger airplane that makes two stops, the 757 is a small airplane in our fleet.
UPS is revising the network, we saw a pull down on the RFD hub operations on the schedule bid that is currently available , reducing flying.UPS has spare 757's stacked around the system that are under utilized due to the network modifications that are being implemented. There is also a reduction in international flight hours on the pac rim .
None of the people commenting on the open time /ja ban situation have obviously spoken to the IPA office or the EB directly. As to the comments on politics its just a few guys making noise with no knowledge.
The IPA works every day to convince the company to recall our laid off pilots.
I'm not furloughed, i know how this place operates. The egos in the IPA building are too big. There are drug deals with ups management going on, they want the votes for the upcoming election and furloughees can not vote!
Quote: I'm not furloughed, i know how this place operates. The egos in the IPA building are too big. There are drug deals with ups management going on, they want the votes for the upcoming election and furloughees can not vote!
This statement is a crock and would only be made on this board by a person would wouldn't say it where they could be identified or directly to any EB member.
Quote: I'm not furloughed, i know how this place operates. The egos in the IPA building are too big. There are drug deals with ups management going on, they want the votes for the upcoming election and furloughees can not vote!
Ouch Ouch
Reading some of these posts reveals how clueless some of our members are. Making statements from the cheap seats is often entertaining, but there are many that read this gossip forum and take it as gospel.
Have you even contacted an EB member?
The number of conspiracy theorists here is amazing!
Quote: Ouch Ouch
LMAO......
Quote: Would you agree that UPS is an over crowded trade and if someone wants a good chance at normal career progression, in the long term it would be better to go elsewhere?
What is normal these days when it comes to this career?

UPS over crowded? You mean managers?

I agree that it will be some time before we see anything other than 15 year upgrades. Except for the special group.

Just remember this when it is time to vote.
Quote: What is normal these days when it comes to this career?

UPS over crowded? You mean managers?

I agree that it will be some time before we see anything other than 15 year upgrades. Except for the special group.

Just remember this when it is time to vote.
Ups will fix that with a 60k boner check for capts and 40k for fo's...We are airline pilots aren't we?
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 6
Go to