UPS Realignment/Displacement bid is out!

Subscribe
11  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24 
Page 21 of 24
Go to
Quote: Every crash pad I have been in has had a spare key.
Might be a rough neighborhood ...

Quote: Might be a rough neighborhood ...

If not, it isn't a proper crash pad. I had one off of Preston where the neighbors used to take their hub caps off at night. Being an airporter, my ride didn't have any hubcaps
Quote: If not, it isn't a proper crash pad. I had one off of Preston where the neighbors used to take their hub caps off at night. Being an airporter, my ride didn't have any hubcaps
Mine was such a POS that people used ADD parts to mine out of sympathy.
Quote: Mine was such a POS that people used ADD parts to mine out of sympathy.
Now THAT'S funny!
Quote: Mine was such a POS that people used ADD parts to mine out of sympathy.
Haha! That's how mine is: anyone stupid enough to steal it doesn't even need to be prosecuted -- their IQ would clearly fall below the level at which they could understand/participate in their trial.
Quote: Haha! That's how mine is: anyone stupid enough to steal it doesn't even need to be prosecuted -- their IQ would clearly fall below the level at which they could understand/participate in their trial.

Yeah I know the feeling, someone stole mine ... and put it back....! Never did find out who.

Quote: I agree there probably won’t be a furlough however when it comes to us “…kicking the crap out of FDX when it comes to picking up DHL's business…” I hear something opposite. Supposedly FDX is actually getting twice as many former DHL customers as we do.

My source is a former DHL supervisor who heard it from his former coworkers. He said UPS hired many DHL sales people but so did FDX. Also, according to him those who got hired at FDX were given permanent new positions there while those hired by Big Brown were given temporary (several years) assignments and 'might' be offered extensions later on. I’d imagine getting a permanent position would make someone more inclined to give it a 100%

Not sure how accurate his info is but since he was a mid-level manager at DHL I figured there must be some truth to it...

Either way, it's a net gain for both FDX and UPS...

I understand how absurd it is to come on here and quote anonymous sources. With that being said my anonymous source knows a whole lot about what's going on. He's a higher up in ATL, and the guy who got me the job here. UPS is being run very well right now. We are acquiring a lot more customers from DHL than anticipated. UPS loves the business customer and is more like DHL in that regard than FDX is. With all these new customers when loads pick up UPS will be printing money.

I look for us to announce the A380 replacement order and to hire in 2010. The nice thing about what we've been suffering through is that we are getting rid of the 3 man planes. There will be a fair amount of retirements in the next 3 years and 10 months even before the magical date of Dec 2012 when age 65 will no longer be the pain it is now. Just look at how many NDs are in ANC and when they have to be gone.
Quote: I understand how absurd it is to come on here and quote anonymous sources. With that being said my anonymous source knows a whole lot about what's going on. He's a higher up in ATL, and the guy who got me the job here. UPS is being run very well right now. We are acquiring a lot more customers from DHL than anticipated. UPS loves the business customer and is more like DHL in that regard than FDX is. With all these new customers when loads pick up UPS will be printing money.

I look for us to announce the A380 replacement order and to hire in 2010. The nice thing about what we've been suffering through is that we are getting rid of the 3 man planes. There will be a fair amount of retirements in the next 3 years and 10 months even before the magical date of Dec 2012 when age 65 will no longer be the pain it is now. Just look at how many NDs are in ANC and when they have to be gone.
Well, the rest of us talk to the van drivers and lower downs in ATL. They say UPS won't be hiring in 2010. <BG> BTW, unless he is the CEO, you got your own job at UPS, he just got you an invite. (though I did know one who did have a rec. from the CEO years ago.)
Quote: Haha! That's how mine is: anyone stupid enough to steal it doesn't even need to be prosecuted -- their IQ would clearly fall below the level at which they could understand/participate in their trial.
This thing was a real gem...

It was my dad's old land yacht, a 1989 Chrysler New Yorker with the Ricardo Montalban Corinthian leather, spoked hubs and landau roof. The body is more rust than paint, it's got a coat hangar for an antenna, half the windows are held shut with speed tape, it creates more smoke than the Concord when started and grossed out near 6,000 pounds.

True story, a beggar at a left turn off Preston Highway in SDF actually reached out to hand ME a dollar once.
Aha!!
Quote:
True story, a beggar at a left turn off Preston Highway in SDF actually reached out to hand ME a dollar once.
Now I know the SOB that took my last buck!! (bg)

TH1
11  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24 
Page 21 of 24
Go to