Skywest New hires

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 3 of 7
Go to
Quote: My understanding is that the pay will be pro-rated from January 16th. TonyWilliams would probably be the guy to ask. I'm sure he'll be on here any minute to tell you.
Yes, you'll go to $22, effective Jan 16, 2008, contingent upon pilot approval on Jan 30, 2008 at 8pm.

Then, on Jan 1, 2009, you'll go to.... $22 also, and on your anniversary date during the 2009 year (assuming a 2008 hire date), you'll go to second year pay of $35.35 (assuming CRJ).

Then Jan 1. 2010, you'll go to $35.70, then again on your anniversary, you'll go to $37.85, until we get a new pay agreement sometime in Dec 2010, or you get the UPS 747 job.
Quote: No per diem during training. Starts during IOE.

Geesh, we start paying during training, buying uniforms for ya'll and your Jepps....now you want per diem? Next, you'll want to get paid during IOE and that volunteer 28 days-following-IOE!
Totally j/k
There's an exception to this, during your training your domicile is considered SLC, so no per diem... BUT if you're as lucky as I was, you can get sent to ATL for sim and you'll get 24 hour per diem the whole time your there. While I was there I got single occupancy room, and happy hour in the hotel each night after sim. I'm not sure if classes are big enough right now that they have to utilize the ATL sims, but here's hoping for the new guys.
Quote: I'm not sure if classes are big enough right now that they have to utilize the ATL sims, but here's hoping for the new guys.
For 700 training, I went to DFW. Some went to STL.
Tony, any idea how long it takes to told SLC?
Quote: Tony, any idea how long it takes to told SLC?

For me... hire date, Feb 12, 2007, IOE @ SBA April, MKE May-June, FAT July, SLC August to present.

No plans to leave here unless we get an LAX base, or I upgrade.
Thanks, I wonder if Skywest sees the Saab as a equivalent to the CRJ.
Quote: Thanks, I wonder if Skywest sees the Saab as a equivalent to the CRJ.

Equivalent for what? They don't really care what you flew prior to here, UNLESS it was a CRJ, which affords lower minimums.

I like to call that the "Mesa Clause".
Quote: Equivalent for what? They don't really care what you flew prior to here, UNLESS it was a CRJ, which affords lower minimums.

I like to call that the "Mesa Clause".
I don't think this statement is accurate, because the mins say specifically CRJ or equivalent. At the very least they are counting E145's and such. I suspect they'll give the same times to the DoJet guys at SkyWay as well.
I'm below 1000TT so I was referring to the mesa clause.
Quote: I'm below 1000TT so I was referring to the mesa clause.
How far below?? Never hurts to apply.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 3 of 7
Go to