Compass updates

Subscribe
38  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  58  98  148  548 
Page 48 of 942
Go to
Quote: Thanks a lot.

Some of the new guys that are furloughees were just trying to figure out whether or not sitting around waiting for flow was worth it. Some of them are Midwest guys with pref interviews at Airtran and Cont. some having experiance that would allow them to get hired anywhere.

The question stands: Do you stay knowing that if
1. hiring at delta starts (ie. flow)
2. furloughees on the list go back to their companies
3. some qualified guys just plain leave (ie. JetBlue)

Maybe faster upgrades are around the corner and waiting the 30 months may not be that bad. Maybe not... Peak retirment doesn't start for a little while, maybe waiting for the sure thing is the right thing to do after so many years of uncertainty.
Just remember that 30 months is a mimimum. With the 25% max per year, someone hired now won't flow for about 4 years and that is only if Delta hires consistantly over the next 4 years. In May I will have been here 2 years and if Delta does hire this spring I won't be able to flow for 3 more years due to the 25%.

I don't want to burst anyone's bubble but, you must be realistic about the time frame.

TZ
Hi!

Luckily, the more guys Compass hires now, the higher the 25% is per year!

cliff
GRB
Hi,
Does anyone know when the $12,000 training contract suppose to start with Compass Airline? Does it start at the day of orientation day or at the end of checkride? I'm assuming it should be explained somewhere in contract.. thanks!
Remember that 25% may not equal 4 years because

1) When the list grows, that 25% equals more pilots
2) Much of the FO list is made of former mainline guys that will probably be among the first hired when the mainline carriers start hiring.
Quote: Remember that 25% may not equal 4 years because

1) When the list grows, that 25% equals more pilots
2) Much of the FO list is made of former mainline guys that will probably be among the first hired when the mainline carriers start hiring.
That's not true, most FOs are furloughed regional, or just left their other regionals. There are some FOs from ATA, Champion, YX and Skybus
Ok, I guess I should have said "some" instead of "much".

Good catch...

Also, I bet there are "some" furloughed regional guys who may consider taking a recall if given the opportunity.
Quote: That's not true, most FOs are furloughed regional, or just left their other regionals. There are some FOs from ATA, Champion, YX and Skybus
And Spirit, United, Abex . . . more than you think. Maybe not MOST, but a lot.
Anyone schedule for furture class dates care to post when they are starting?
I'm a bit curious why they are hiring so many new instructors. They have four new sim guys in training right now. Way more than it would require to train the amount of pilots we are putting through right now. I have no rumor to attach to that. Just intresting...
Compass interviews?
Does anyone have any information if Compass is still scheduling interviews at this time? Also does anyone have any information as to what date classes have been filled to at this point? Thanks for the information.
38  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  58  98  148  548 
Page 48 of 942
Go to