Skywest v2.0

Subscribe
114  514  564  604  610  611  612  613  614  615  616  617  618  624  664  714 
Page 614 of 1089
Go to
Quote: If you choose an airframe, it's 24 month seatlock. If you want the erj and they give it to without you asking for it, it's 12 months. Captain has no bearing on your initial equipment. You can go from crj fo to erj CA.
They don't offer the "no preference" option anymore. I interviewed last week and was told I had to pick. If they end up forcing you to change sometime down the road, then the 24 mo seat lock is removed.
Oh.......?
The fastest upgrade is the CRJ. If I wanted to upgrade as quickly as possible and this was my first 121/135 job, I'd pick the CRJ and throw out all other factors (except maybe driving to work).

Yes you can upgrade on any airplane, but I would very much rather upgrade on a plane I know.

But I'm pretty forgettable as a pilot.
Quote: The fastest upgrade is the CRJ. If I wanted to upgrade as quickly as possible and this was my first 121/135 job, I'd pick the CRJ and throw out all other factors (except maybe driving to work).

Yes you can upgrade on any airplane, but I would very much rather upgrade on a plane I know.

But I'm pretty forgettable as a pilot.
This is good career advice.
Quote: You realize that CKA get a grand total of 2 days training beyond normal line guys? They're not exactly SGU management; it's not like being a CKA gives you some magic insight into what's going on.
Eh, the training dept has a more efficient rumor mill than the line.
Can't believe E175 reserve is still a year in ORD.

I sat reserve two weeks on the CRJ.
Quote: Can't believe E175 reserve is still a year in ORD.

I sat reserve two weeks on the CRJ.

So youd recommend going to the CRJ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: So youd recommend going to the CRJ?

I don't want to say that you'd be dumb if you didn't, but..
Quote: I don't want to say that you'd be dumb if you didn't, but..

Haha sounds good. I'll go crj. Thanks

Leaving a decent 135 job for SkyWest....
I recently spoke with a recruiter from my #1 choice of legacy. They flatly stated... "we aren't hiring 135 guys anymore due to poor training outcomes we have experienced with people coming from 135".
So, I am looking at leaving a pretty good 135 gig to get into 121.
I know there are a ton of variables regarding the following questions, but would love to hear some educated opinions:
1. How painful would a SMF-LAX or SMF-PDX commute be?
2. With 6mos seniority what kind of efficiency could an FO in LAX expect? (hrs credit for a 3 day trip? 4 day trip?)
3. If QOL is #1, you are bottom of the pile, and you live in SMF... which AC and what base are you shooting for?
Gracias amigos!
114  514  564  604  610  611  612  613  614  615  616  617  618  624  664  714 
Page 614 of 1089
Go to