Silver Airways

Subscribe
139  539  589  629  635  636  637  638  639  640  641  642  643  649 
Page 639 of 683
Go to
"Emerging Aviators"
Hello all. I have a Skype interview set up with Silver for the "Emerging Aviators" program. If hired, they are willing to contribute up to $10k toward instructor ratings at a school they partner with. Is this even worth it, or should I just suck it up and fund CFI, CFII, and MEI myself and go to a WO? So far, the recruiter has been very friendly but things seem to be a bit disorganized. After submitting my resume a few weeks ago directly to the recruiter, said recruiter told me they would call me back in the next couple of days. Didn't happen. Two weeks later I got the call back and did a phone interview and am set up for a Skype interview next week. I was told I would receive an email with some paperwork to fill out and a link to a pre-interview test that day or the next. Well its been a week and I still don't have anything of the sort. I'm very grateful for the opportunity either way. My end goal is a Legacy, and I'm very well aware of the "flow" and "DGI" programs at the WO regionals. If I am hired and if I accept, I would most likely be commuting from DFW to wherever I am assigned out of training. I know QOL is supposed to be great if you live in Florida, but I have no intentions of moving to Florida (my wife is a teacher/teacher pay in Florida SUCKS.) I'll have about a year of instructing to do before I have the ATP mins and go to training. Thoughts?
NWL, just a thought, next time you are thinking about hitting the “POST” button, get someone else to read it and advise you on whether or not you should.
I was thinking of making a lateral move to Silver from one of the AA WO’s. Considering I live in Florida, not having to commute is a big green light. The only thing holding me back is pay. I understand I should be able to upgrade quick, but is there any talk of a pay increase coming up?

Also, if anyone has made a similar lateral move, please share your experience.
Quote: I was thinking of making a lateral move to Silver from one of the AA WO’s. Considering I live in Florida, not having to commute is a big green light. The only thing holding me back is pay. I understand I should be able to upgrade quick, but is there any talk of a pay increase coming up?

Following
Quote: Hello all. I have a Skype interview set up with Silver for the "Emerging Aviators" program. If hired, they are willing to contribute up to $10k toward instructor ratings at a school they partner with. Is this even worth it, or should I just suck it up and fund CFI, CFII, and MEI myself and go to a WO? So far, the recruiter has been very friendly but things seem to be a bit disorganized. After submitting my resume a few weeks ago directly to the recruiter, said recruiter told me they would call me back in the next couple of days. Didn't happen. Two weeks later I got the call back and did a phone interview and am set up for a Skype interview next week. I was told I would receive an email with some paperwork to fill out and a link to a pre-interview test that day or the next. Well its been a week and I still don't have anything of the sort. I'm very grateful for the opportunity either way. My end goal is a Legacy, and I'm very well aware of the "flow" and "DGI" programs at the WO regionals. If I am hired and if I accept, I would most likely be commuting from DFW to wherever I am assigned out of training. I know QOL is supposed to be great if you live in Florida, but I have no intentions of moving to Florida (my wife is a teacher/teacher pay in Florida SUCKS.) I'll have about a year of instructing to do before I have the ATP mins and go to training. Thoughts?
I was at Silver in 2012, and at that time they were markedly disorganized and inefficient. However, having said that, any company that is willing to contribute to your financial burden and, at the same time, offer you an opportunity to advance your career, I would seriously consider accepting it. They provided me with the opportunity to get current again after a proverbial ****-storm in my personal life and get to a major, so I will forever be grateful for that opportunity. Just saying....
Quote: I was thinking of making a lateral move to Silver from one of the AA WO’s. Considering I live in Florida, not having to commute is a big green light. The only thing holding me back is pay. I understand I should be able to upgrade quick, but is there any talk of a pay increase coming up?

There is. We're currently negotiating a new contract and pay is the last bit to cover. All conjecture of course but rumors of 30% increase are floating about. Company has to do something because there's too much money elsewhere NOT to commute at this point.

Good news if you come over there's plenty of flying available for both CPT and FO.
Quote: Hello all. I have a Skype interview set up with Silver for the "Emerging Aviators" program. If hired, they are willing to contribute up to $10k toward instructor ratings at a school they partner with. Is this even worth it, or should I just suck it up and fund CFI, CFII, and MEI myself and go to a WO? So far, the recruiter has been very friendly but things seem to be a bit disorganized. After submitting my resume a few weeks ago directly to the recruiter, said recruiter told me they would call me back in the next couple of days. Didn't happen. Two weeks later I got the call back and did a phone interview and am set up for a Skype interview next week. I was told I would receive an email with some paperwork to fill out and a link to a pre-interview test that day or the next. Well its been a week and I still don't have anything of the sort. I'm very grateful for the opportunity either way. My end goal is a Legacy, and I'm very well aware of the "flow" and "DGI" programs at the WO regionals. If I am hired and if I accept, I would most likely be commuting from DFW to wherever I am assigned out of training. I know QOL is supposed to be great if you live in Florida, but I have no intentions of moving to Florida (my wife is a teacher/teacher pay in Florida SUCKS.) I'll have about a year of instructing to do before I have the ATP mins and go to training. Thoughts?
If you live in DFW there are much better options there. You could try Envoy but I think they are restricting to their cadet program and street captains and might not hold DFW anyway. You would be better off at Mesa living in DFW in base than commuting for Silver.
Has hiring been put on hold during labor negotiations? The reason I ask is because I have applied and received a call from Rominy but she hasn't gotten back to me after calling and texting her.
Is Silver planning on hiring street captains into the ATR?
Quote: Is Silver planning on hiring street captains into the ATR?
Probably for the saab they’re going to start looking direct entry captain. If we finally get the certication from the FAA for the ATR they have 4-5 ATR in France ready to go. I wouldn’t be surprised if they look direct entry captains for the atr in a future. A lot of seniors guys want to stay on the saab until the last one is gone!
139  539  589  629  635  636  637  638  639  640  641  642  643  649 
Page 639 of 683
Go to