Compass updates

Subscribe
396  796  846  886  892  893  894  895  896  897  898  899  900  906 
Page 896 of 942
Go to
Quote: Not a lot to see there. It's an out for both parties and the rules for said out. I'm sure there is language for this in each contract.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Except for the time line for the out as far as the 170/175's are concerned. I keep hearing early next year and the out kicks in come January.
Quote: No

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you fly 50% or more of your flights in and out of California then yes you do pay California tax.
Start here:
https://www.ftb.ca.gov/individuals/fileRtn/Nonresidents_PartYear_Residents.shtml
Quote: Don't lie to him. Yes, if you are based in LAX you will see a tax of SDI/SUI. It's for unemployment and disability. Based in LAX two different times at Compass and it showed up both times.

Honestly didn't notice it until you said something and I went back and looked. 68.00 ytd taken out.

Quote: If you fly 50% or more of your flights in and out of California then yes you do pay California tax.

Start here:

https://www.ftb.ca.gov/individuals/f...esidents.shtml

Pretty sure that's only if 50% of your flights originate and terminate in CA.

Quote: Pretty sure that's only if 50% of your flights originate and terminate in CA.

Either way ... if you're flying consistently in and out of CA you should keep an eye on your taxes because you could end up paying California income tax.
DC Pro-X ANR Headset users
Off topic, but an important question to me.

Does any CPZ pilot use the David Clark DC Pro-X ANR headsets in the Embraer?

I am tempted to buy a set but have read reviews about Hot Mic in airliners being loud and always turning the intercom mic off because the DC doesnt have Mic Bias. The headset is so lightweight that when you look up to the overhead panel the headset either falls off your head or moves so much you have to readjust the whole headset with two hands. The headset is on ears rather than around ears and when you chew gum or have a conversation or have a eat meal in flight you get lots of air noise leaking through and lose the seal. Also the ANR doesnt help w the jet air noise and since that is mostly what we get in our plane, there isnt much ANR benefit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
LAX Reserve
Hey all,

quick question about new hire reserve lines in LAX. What's it looking like? I had friends that got on early this year that held a line after like a week or two; word on the street is that new hires in LAX can expect more like a month? Any corroboration? (CBT done, in class this week)
Expect reserve for whatever you have left in the month once you finish IOE and the month after too. At least that's what it is for everything in my class.
Quote: Hey all,

quick question about new hire reserve lines in LAX. What's it looking like? I had friends that got on early this year that held a line after like a week or two; word on the street is that new hires in LAX can expect more like a month? Any corroboration? (CBT done, in class this week)
I finished IOE in the middle of November. They gave me a couple of three day trips and some resere days the rest of the month. December I had a build up line with 7 reserve days total. January is a full line.
Quote: Off topic, but an important question to me.

Does any CPZ pilot use the David Clark DC Pro-X ANR headsets in the Embraer?

I am tempted to buy a set but have read reviews about Hot Mic in airliners being loud and always turning the intercom mic off because the DC doesnt have Mic Bias. The headset is so lightweight that when you look up to the overhead panel the headset either falls off your head or moves so much you have to readjust the whole headset with two hands. The headset is on ears rather than around ears and when you chew gum or have a conversation or have a eat meal in flight you get lots of air noise leaking through and lose the seal. Also the ANR doesnt help w the jet air noise and since that is mostly what we get in our plane, there isnt much ANR benefit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
I had this headset for about 2 weeks and then decided to return it. I have never been able to get used to the feel of on the ear headsets. After a 3 hour flight, my ears would hurt and I was constantly having to take the headsets off to rub them. After a 4 day trip they hurt a lot. I assume after a while this goes away but it just didn't feel right. You are also correct you will get some leaking noise when u chew but they never fell off my head. The noise cancelling was pretty good but the hurting issue didn't outweigh that.
396  796  846  886  892  893  894  895  896  897  898  899  900  906 
Page 896 of 942
Go to