First Alaska now JetBlue.

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  11 
Page 1 of 15
Go to
Delta's on the march. Time for an Alaska/JetBlue merger.
All Things Travel: Delta Has Plans For Boston « CBS Boston
Well, it did say that AAmerican was doing the same thing. That's the problem with being so concentrated in a market, JBU in JFK and BOS, ALK in SEA. Anyone else adds a little more flying, has a larger impact on market share.
Quote: Delta's on the march. Time for an Alaska/JetBlue merger.
All Things Travel: Delta Has Plans For Boston « CBS Boston
Boston is a pheominal market and I've always thought DL would make a move to take it back eventually. It was gifted to JB (by DL) and then abandoned. Part of that was survival at the time, part was the politics there of course, but most was shortsighted leadership teams of the past that the current team inherited.

We've finally grasped that we've got to protect domestic. BOS is one of the best domestic markets in the country, with a healthy international demand as well. Its time to go on the offensive and rebuild what was given away to competitors. I bet AA will also focus on it with renewed efforts too once their merger is fully complete.
Massport is the issue at Logan. We shall see how willing they are to allow progress.
Quote: Boston is a pheominal market and I've always thought DL would make a move to take it back eventually. It was gifted to JB (by DL) and then abandoned. Part of that was survival at the time, part was the politics there of course, but most was shortsighted leadership teams of the past that the current team inherited.

We've finally grasped that we've got to protect domestic. BOS is one of the best domestic markets in the country, with a healthy international demand as well. Its time to go on the offensive and rebuild what was given away to competitors. I bet AA will also focus on it with renewed efforts too once their merger is fully complete.
All your base are belong to us!
Quote: All your base are belong to us!
Now you're catching on!
Be nice to see some return on the billion dollar terminal DL built there.
Quote: Be nice to see some return on the billion dollar terminal DL built there.
We rented half of it out to Southwest so I'm sure that is helping the returns a little.
Quote: Boston is a pheominal market and I've always thought DL would make a move to take it back eventually. It was gifted to JB (by DL) and then abandoned. Part of that was survival at the time, part was the politics there of course, but most was shortsighted leadership teams of the past that the current team inherited.

If Delta plans to increase international, specifically Europe, you won't see much of a fight from JetBlue. If the plan is to go head to head domestically it'll be interesting. There's no argument that Delta is a stronger airline financially but Jetblue has the better domestic product period. We'll see how important that is.
Quote: If Delta plans to increase international, specifically Europe, you won't see much of a fight from JetBlue. If the plan is to go head to head domestically it'll be interesting. There's no argument that Delta is a stronger airline financially but Jetblue has the better domestic product period. We'll see how important that is.
You can't have international without domestic feed. Ask Alaska about it.
1  2  3  4  5  11 
Page 1 of 15
Go to