Personal Endorsement

Subscribe
4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12 
Page 8 of 13
Go to
Great for legacy dudes wow!
Quote: Innovation and ideas? Are you in the right sub-forum?

Come on dude. No one in management cares what we think, say, or suggest. Just keep your head down and hope to get out alive. Getting your friends on at your job used to be a perk, but I guess it is not innovative enough. (See what I did there?)
Yes, I'm quite sure I am in the right place.

https://about.van.fedex.com/our-story/innovation/

FedEx was/is at the forefront of many logistics industry leading technologies; EFVS, GPS approach adoption, robotics, AI, self driving delivery, package tracking, vehicle tracking, etc.

You and 4,500+ other dudes trying to get your buds on at the company? Really? If the discussion about whether a PE helped or hurt you was ever valid, it should be even more relevant now.
Quote: Innovation and ideas? Are you in the right sub-forum?

Come on dude. No one in management cares what we think, say, or suggest. Just keep your head down and hope to get out alive. Getting your friends on at your job used to be a perk, but I guess it is not innovative enough. (See what I did there?)
The fella above is a hopeful and now feels his chances of getting an Interview have been reduced.
Quote: My take on this is that it's good - but only for people that get an endorsement. And pretty much terrible for everyone that doesn't... There is about to be a deluge of literally 1000's of endorsements, and if you don't have one, looks like you're SOL?
I don’t think it will be that much of a hindrance. Lots of people hired the past couple years with zero endorsements.
Quote: The fella above is a hopeful and now feels his chances of getting an Interview have been reduced.
If we’re being honest, yeah, I absolutely want to work at FedEx and I’m curious what this means in the big picture short and long term - both for dudes with and without an endorsement.

I don’t think it’s quite as simple as saying, “sweet, I get 5x more endorsements so that’s a good thing!” It’s not actually necessarily a good thing, and there are second and third order effects to this.
Don't spend time worrying about the rules of the game. You can't change them and neither can we. Just do the best you can within the system they set up and eventually you will probably get the call. If not it wasn't meant to be and you will likely be wildly happy where ever you end up.
Quote: Yes, I'm quite sure I am in the right place.

https://about.van.fedex.com/our-story/innovation/

FedEx was/is at the forefront of many logistics industry leading technologies; EFVS, GPS approach adoption, robotics, AI, self driving delivery, package tracking, vehicle tracking, etc.
Most of that innovation had nothing to do with pilots until the guy with the idea in mgmt convinced the bean counters the ROI was high enough. Then the pilots tested it.

I’m all for the creative mgmt theory, but it ain’t from the pilots.
Personal Endorsement
Quote: If we’re being honest, yeah, I absolutely want to work at FedEx and I’m curious what this means in the big picture short and long term - both for dudes with and without an endorsement.

I don’t think it’s quite as simple as saying, “sweet, I get 5x more endorsements so that’s a good thing!” It’s not actually necessarily a good thing, and there are second and third order effects to this.

I know you aren’t trying to insult fedex pilots but when you say that this will not bring in enough innovation and ideas (if that’s even a thing for pilots), then you aren’t saying much about the existing pilot group. Maybe you should have some faith in the pilot group you want to be a part of, that we are good enough to judge who would have enough innovation and ideas to work here.

I wished they had reduced the time even more! With your line of thought, that would be a good thing since it would dilute the value of an endorsement. So maybe you should see it as a good thing any which way you look at it. Because now it should be easier for people to get these endorsements since there will be a lot more of them.
Quote: If we’re being honest, yeah, I absolutely want to work at FedEx and I’m curious what this means in the big picture short and long term - both for dudes with and without an endorsement.

So are you a senior O-5 or a full bird?

If you believe that us getting more PEs under the new system is a bad thing, please apply somewhere else.

But thanks for telling us how bad our new process is, since you’re an expert on this sort of thing.
Quote: Thx, but I don’t have that email address. When you retire, you are cut off completely from any contact with the company. If you could add that, it would be a huge help.
Hear anything from this? Trying to figure out the retiree legacy endorsement as well.
4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12 
Page 8 of 13
Go to