Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-26-2019, 08:25 AM   #101  
Behind the green curtain
 
Joined APC: Mar 2009
Position: B757/767 sim instructor seat
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noworkallplay View Post
Without the 1k you wont get a call. Its a hard min. No one in the last at least 6 years has gotten a call without it. Wont change soon either just ask the CP. Plenty of apps who have it.
Not to be pedantic, but it isnít a hard requirement. Itís listed as ďpreferredĒ. But Iím sure we can agree that preferred isnít merely preferred.
Pickle is offline  
Old 04-29-2019, 06:56 AM   #102  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Nov 2015
Position: Lawn Dart Captain
Posts: 74
Default

*All timelines related to Personal or Professional Endorsements are reset.

^ ^ ^ Does that mean that 12 and 24 month waiting periods for giving another endorsement were reset for everyone?
manolo1492 is offline  
Old 05-01-2019, 12:49 PM   #103  
Not a real airline pilot
 
DirtyPurple's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2016
Posts: 163
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolo1492 View Post
*All timelines related to Personal or Professional Endorsements are reset.

^ ^ ^ Does that mean that 12 and 24 month waiting periods for giving another endorsement were reset for everyone?
Yep...that's what it means.
DirtyPurple is offline  
Old 05-01-2019, 12:59 PM   #104  
Chemtrail Dispenser..
 
Joined APC: Apr 2015
Posts: 159
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyPurple View Post
Yep...that's what it means.
I was told it means that any applicant that had a PE on file with the old way was now reset (as in they lost their PE) and the employee must fill out a new PE under the new system which now has the updated timelines of 24 months, etc. versus the old 10 year program which in essence, resets everybody's clock, the applicant and the employee.
123456 is offline  
Old 05-03-2019, 03:22 PM   #105  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Feb 2018
Posts: 26
Default

Does anyone have a rough estimate on how long before a candidate could get invited after an endorsement is given? I want to make sure I am fully prepared and donít want to get caught off guard with the endorsement being put in prematurely.
Saabflyer is offline  
Old 05-04-2019, 03:04 AM   #106  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Albief15's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2006
Posts: 2,625
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saabflyer View Post
Does anyone have a rough estimate on how long before a candidate could get invited after an endorsement is given? I want to make sure I am fully prepared and donít want to get caught off guard with the endorsement being put in prematurely.
Here's a little life advice. When you apply to an airline, EXPECT to get called and be ready. I wrote a piece called "avoiding square corners" on this very subject. This week I was contacted by a guy who has corresponded with me informally for over 2 years about airlines, GA, etc. I thought he had already gotten his ducks in a row (prep, logbooks, etc). He texted me this week after he got a "fix it" email, asking "is this good? Will I get called?" Before I could even reply, his next text was "hey...they are calling me in...."

Now--he wants to do an interview prep course. He needs to make complex travel arrangements and get time off from work. He needs to tighten up his logbook and paperwork. I expect he also needs to get a suit, as I doubt he's done that either.

That's a lot of crap to work though in 2-3 weeks.

Use this rule: IF I APPLY, I EXCECT TO BE CALLED..... Get your stuff ready now. If it sits in the closet 3, 6, 12, 18 months.....so what. All you have done is make sure you'll be less of a stress grenade when the email/phone call finally arrives. Conversely, if you don't prepare you may find yourself in a miserable thrash.

Murphy also says when it rains, it pours. I see a lot of pilots getting 2-3 interviews in a short period. Even if you don't get called from your first choice, be ready for option B and C as well if they call first.

So--get your stuff ready. Can you get it done in a month? Then apply ASAP. Scrub the logs, get the suit, do a prep course (if you want) and do some test study. Make the process systematic and not a rush. Then you will be ready whenever the opportunity finally does show up...
Albief15 is offline  
Old 05-05-2019, 04:22 AM   #107  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Nov 2010
Posts: 23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albief15 View Post
Here's a little life advice. When you apply to an airline, EXPECT to get called and be ready. I wrote a piece called "avoiding square corners" on this very subject. This week I was contacted by a guy who has corresponded with me informally for over 2 years about airlines, GA, etc. I thought he had already gotten his ducks in a row (prep, logbooks, etc). He texted me this week after he got a "fix it" email, asking "is this good? Will I get called?" Before I could even reply, his next text was "hey...they are calling me in...."

Now--he wants to do an interview prep course. He needs to make complex travel arrangements and get time off from work. He needs to tighten up his logbook and paperwork. I expect he also needs to get a suit, as I doubt he's done that either.

That's a lot of crap to work though in 2-3 weeks.

Use this rule: IF I APPLY, I EXCECT TO BE CALLED..... Get your stuff ready now. If it sits in the closet 3, 6, 12, 18 months.....so what. All you have done is make sure you'll be less of a stress grenade when the email/phone call finally arrives. Conversely, if you don't prepare you may find yourself in a miserable thrash.

Murphy also says when it rains, it pours. I see a lot of pilots getting 2-3 interviews in a short period. Even if you don't get called from your first choice, be ready for option B and C as well if they call first.

So--get your stuff ready. Can you get it done in a month? Then apply ASAP. Scrub the logs, get the suit, do a prep course (if you want) and do some test study. Make the process systematic and not a rush. Then you will be ready whenever the opportunity finally does show up...
Coming from personal experience I have to say this is solid advice. Do not make the mistake of underestimating the amount time and effort it takes to prepare for an interview. I put off the bulk of my prep until after the interview offer and I was really lucky that they offered an interview slot just over a month out. They offered earlier dates but I realized I wasn't 100% prepared and would rather take the small hit in seniority than not get on the list at all. I interviewed successfully but it was a stressful month leading up to the big day(s). That being said, prep early and reduce your stress levels come interview time.

*I also had the advantage of having several Pt. 91 corporate/HNWI interviews in the 18 months or so prior to this one. I learned a lot of what not do and say during that period, so between the recent lessons learned and solid prep I went in to the interview feeling confident and ready.
2BEER is offline  
Old 08-14-2019, 01:36 PM   #108  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Sep 2009
Posts: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noworkallplay View Post
Without the 1k you wont get a call. Its a hard min. No one in the last at least 6 years has gotten a call without it. Wont change soon either just ask the CP. Plenty of apps who have it.

Could you shed a little more light on this area for me?

I have in excess of 1000 TPIC, however not all of it is as captain. What I mean to say is that I have also logged as PIC, flight time as sole manipulator of the controls in jets that Iím typed and current while operating under FAR Part 91. My understanding of the regs is that this is legal PIC time, however I understand that it is not as the captain on record for that flight. So, the question I have is will that time be accepted for the 1000 TPIC requirement? I know that there has always been some contention about this subject in the past but Iím curious if the trend will change in light of the increased hiring of late and for hiring into the future.

Iím 43 years old and a current B767 FO operating express freight flights with over 20 years as a professional pilot. Seventeen and a half of those years of experience were a mix of Part 135 charter/air ambulance work and Part 91 corporate work in various business jets. Iíve only, in the past 3 years, been in the 121 airline world, so Iím still learning how this facet of aviation works. I would very much like the opportunity to work for FedEx. I exceed all of the listed requirements for a pilot position at FedEx with the possible exception of the 1000 TPIC requirement. I have recently heard that FedEx May be lowering that requirement to 500 TPIC. Any validity to that rumor?

Thanks in advance for all comments and information on this.
Suthernair is offline  
Old 08-14-2019, 01:53 PM   #109  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Adlerdriver's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: 767 Captain
Posts: 3,276
Default

First of all - the 1000 PIC is now "preferred". I have no idea if that means they have made a practice of actually hiring pilots with less than 1000 PIC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suthernair View Post
What I mean to say is that I have also logged as PIC, flight time as sole manipulator of the controls in jets that Iím typed and current while operating under FAR Part 91. My understanding of the regs is that this is legal PIC time, however I understand that it is not as the captain on record for that flight. So, the question I have is will that time be accepted for the 1000 TPIC requirement?
Do you have access to the careers section of the fedex website? https://careers.fedex.com/pilot-minimum-qualifications

There is no contention of what hours actually qualify as PIC. Sole-manipulator hours do not. So getting legalistic with the FAR definition of PIC time has absolutely nothing to do with what FedEx has decided they will accept as PIC time for whatever published or internal minimums they have decided they'll accept.
Adlerdriver is offline  
Old 08-15-2019, 08:00 AM   #110  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2017
Posts: 244
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerdriver View Post



There is no contention of what hours actually qualify as PIC. Sole-manipulator hours do not. So getting legalistic with the FAR definition of PIC time has absolutely nothing to do with what FedEx has decided they will accept as PIC time for whatever published or internal minimums they have decided they'll accept.

I think he is just asking if fedex accepts the FAR Part 61 definition of PIC or do they only count the FAR Part 1 definition of PIC. I believe the l latter is true.
FXLAX is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pilots' personal use of electronic devices skytrekker Aviation Law 17 06-07-2014 10:59 AM
CFI endorsement training question RomeoSierra Flight Schools and Training 9 09-26-2009 02:29 PM
340A time and High Altitude Endorsement 340A Flight Schools and Training 10 03-03-2009 03:49 PM
High Altitude Endorsement CaptainTeezy Aviation Law 7 11-18-2008 02:05 PM
Personal Finance 747Dog Money Talk 0 03-11-2005 10:00 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:33 AM.