JB launches fleet review - bye bye E190?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  14 
Page 4 of 53
Go to
Quote: Real world performance numbers are already available and by the time we get an airframe Swiss and delta will have a majority of the kinks worked out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed - and add Air Canada to that list. Two large North American based carriers will operate it before JB could get its hands on one. Interesting that Air Canada elected to dispose of its E190 fleet (acquired by Boeing as part of their 737-8 MAX deal) and then Delta opted out of buying those same used Air Canada E190s and instead bought the C-Series for less than the price of a CR9 each (that's the rumor).

Both Air Canada and Delta opted for the C-Series over the E190 for both economic (acquisition price) and operational/performance reasons. Now would be an ideal time for JB to join the club at a lowish price as well.

I believe Korean Airlines will be next and receiving their first of 10 CS300s shortly - I read that Korean already has pilots in training:

http://airsoc.com/articles/view/id/58474655313944f34f8b4567/korean-air-to-take-delivery-of-seven-cseries-300s-in-2017
Quote: Agreed - and add Air Canada to that list. Two large North American based carriers will operate it before JB could get its hands on one. Interesting that Air Canada elected to dispose of its E190 fleet (acquired by Boeing as part of their 737-8 MAX deal) and then Delta opted out of buying those same used Air Canada E190s and instead bought the C-Series for less than the price of a CR9 each (that's the rumor).

Both Air Canada and Delta opted for the C-Series over the E190 for both economic (acquisition price) and operational/performance reasons. Now would be an ideal time for JB to join the club at a lowish price as well.

I believe Korean Airlines will be next and receiving their first of 10 CS300s shortly - I read that Korean already has pilots in training...

High five!
The ability to fly transcon also allows for greater aircraft utilization meaning the fixed costs are spread out among more flight hours.

The 190 flies about two fewer hours per day than the airbus fleet because of the reduced stage lengths and lack of red eyes it flies.

The CSeries greater range could unlock a lot of smaller transcon markets that don't work with the airbus but still have demand for a red eye flight to New York, Boston, FLL, etc.
Quote: Real world performance numbers are already available and by the time we get an airframe Swiss and delta will have a majority of the kinks worked out

And Air Baltic, and Air Canada, and a slew of other operators.
Quote: If you don't get a airframe that can fly transcons out of LGA you will be left in the dust. LGA will rule the transcon market so I suspect something will be ordered.
Pretty sure nobody minds going to JFK to get on a transcon.
Quote: Pretty sure nobody minds going to JFK to get on a transcon.
That's true today because EWR (mainly United) and JFK are the only transcon options. If LGA opens for transcon then all those Manhattan business travelers with $$$ will chose LGA over JFK.

If JB is smart they'd beat down some doors at EWR to get more gates and try to build transcon from there as well. We don't have many LGA slots if we were to fly transcon from there.
You can't play it too safe in the industry. You need to risk it to get the biscuit. How much more traffic can the East Coast Handle? I've already held on CAVU light wind days for too much traffic.

Quote: You can't play it too safe in the industry. You need to risk it to get the biscuit. How much more traffic can the East Coast Handle? I've already held on CAVU light wind days for too much traffic.

We'll see. EWR dropped slot controls, JFK will probably do the same late 2018, LGA will at least drop the perimeter rule and probably relax slot controls a few years after that.
Quote: Pretty sure nobody minds going to JFK to get on a transcon.
The business travelers overwhelmingly prefer to fly from LGA. You won't find any airline marketing division arguing the point. There are no current transcons from LGA. JetBlue heavily opposed lifting the 1500 mile rule. They fully understand the impact it will have. It's on hold now with the terminal construction and severe gate restrictions. It will happen in the near future.
Quote: The business travelers overwhelmingly prefer to fly from LGA. You won't find any airline marketing division arguing the point. There are no current transcons from LGA. JetBlue heavily opposed lifting the 1500 mile rule. They fully understand the impact it will have. It's on hold now with the terminal construction and severe gate restrictions. It will happen in the near future.
With 3,000 mile range, the CS300 would be ideal for thinner, nonstop West Coast flights from LGA.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  14 
Page 4 of 53
Go to