Piedmont Airlines News & Rumors

Subscribe
193  243  283  289  290  291  292  293  294  295  296  297  303  343  393 
Page 293 of 697
Go to
Starting to think I hear the troll alarm going off...
Quote: Starting to think I hear the troll alarm going off...
Or I am appreciative that because we have been sounding the horn asking for more days off, we actually got something tangible even if it’s not what we hoped.

The software is the same, and the flying is the same. You can only rearrange the combos so much, or maybe you can, idk. I’m not a scheduling guy but if the company had the ability to give us 13-15 day lines off with good credit why wouldn’t they.

Yeah, I’d love a 15 day off line and 85 credit as much as the next guy. But this is better than what we had in September and I’m happy with that. I will probably have 13 days off with some weekends for once...
Quote: Or I am appreciative that because we have been sounding the horn asking for more days off, we actually got something tangible even if it’s not what we hoped.

The software is the same, and the flying is the same. You can only rearrange the combos so much, or maybe you can, idk. I’m not a scheduling guy but if the company had the ability to give us 13-15 day lines off with good credit why wouldn’t they.

Yeah, I’d love a 15 day off line and 85 credit as much as the next guy. But this is better than what we had in September and I’m happy with that. I will probably have 13 days off with some weekends for once...
Report back after transition/interface happens and let everyone know what comes out in the wash.
Quote: Or I am appreciative that because we have been sounding the horn asking for more days off, we actually got something tangible even if it’s not what we hoped.

Anyone know how the lines are at commutair? I feel like their flying is probably most similar to ours as far as all the short routes go. There’s only so much credit they can build when 80% of the flights are under an hour. Not saying they can’t be a little bit better. We’re the dash lines any better back in the day or is the 11 day off thing new with the jets?
We need to share some of that crap flying with PSA's CRJ200s and take some of their longer flights. I'd bet having a healthy mix of long/short legs would make scheduling easier for both companies. More variety to plug into the gaps.
Was air Wisconsin’s schedules as bad as ours? They had 50 seaters and did most of the PHL flying we’re doing now
Quote: We need to share some of that crap flying with PSA's CRJ200s and take some of their longer flights. I'd bet having a healthy mix of long/short legs would make scheduling easier for both companies. More variety to plug into the gaps.
Unfortunately you will be seeing less and less of their -200s as time goes on. We will be stuck with the short haul stuff and the lower yield markets for the long haul. Oh, and Canada...you can bet your sweet ass we will be going there. Interesting that we picked up JFK out of PHL, I thought Eaglevoy had that on lock with their LaGarbage base.
Quote: Don’t bid an interfaceable line? There are plenty that have work on the first four days.
Yep, you got it buddy. It's OUR fault for getting a line that's interface vulnerable!

Here's how bidding works pal.....

You are showing yourself as far more aligned with management than the pilots. For a while I thought you were in the union. Then I thought you were management. Now it doesn't matter because I'm having trouble discerning between the two anyway.

Regardless, don't be confused about why people are calling you a troll.
Quote: Was air Wisconsin’s schedules as bad as ours? They had 50 seaters and did most of the PHL flying we’re doing now
Absolutely not! AWAC would have 97 credit hour lines with 12 days off. Could get 15 days off and still credit 78 hours. Schedules were wayyyyyy more efficient at AWAC at least when I was there a few years ago.
Quote: Yep, you got it buddy. It's OUR fault for getting a line that's interface vulnerable!

Here's how bidding works pal.....

You are showing yourself as far more aligned with management than the pilots. For a while I thought you were in the union. Then I thought you were management. Now it doesn't matter because I'm having trouble discerning between the two anyway.

Regardless, don't be confused about why people are calling you a troll.
Think what you want dude. I guess I don’t see the real worth in griping on the Internet about the same problems over and over again. I try to take what positive there is from any changes. Potential new hires should be able to read back 4 pages and see what the problems are at this place.

Yeah, the interface sucks. We get it. The credit from this bid packet is very inefficient. However, there seem to be more days off overall and better distributed weekends off on most lines.

So, instead of crying about the bad parts, I work with what’s good in there. I know the contract and if I don’t want my line beat down to 11 days I just don’t bid on lines that have days off during the interface.

It’s not being a troll to have a different opinion than those who fell into the black hole of bad morale this place has. I made that mistake at my last company and I refuse to here. Once you fall into the hole, nothing is good enough and no change is the right change.

I don’t expect a miracle from our Union or this company. It is nice to see things are changing and I fully expect some changes to not work out. I think it’s part of the process, but maybe that’s just me being optimistic and setting my expectations low.
193  243  283  289  290  291  292  293  294  295  296  297  303  343  393 
Page 293 of 697
Go to