Piedmont Airlines News & Rumors

Subscribe
298  348  388  394  395  396  397  398  399  400  401  402  408  448  498 
Page 398 of 697
Go to
Well that's different. I know envoy never had an issue like that due solely fms. But we do have other stupid procedures.
Quote: Piedmont is saying to do it so that our groundspeed is lower, and therefore there’s a lower chance of the FMS blowing through course and into the prohibited area? Definitely not a noise issue
This is unfortunately the difference between people who fly the line and those that don't that create our procedures.. it's just a disconnect...
Piedmont Airlines News & Rumors
Quote: Piedmont is saying to do it so that our groundspeed is lower, and therefore there’s a lower chance of the FMS blowing through course and into the prohibited area? Definitely not a noise issue

Not lower ground speed necessarily, but constant GS. Not accelerating at 1k. Accelerating at 3k, when well past it.

“By maintaining a constant speed on departure it will allow the FMS to sequence more accurately”
Quote: Not lower ground speed necessarily, but constant GS. Not accelerating at 1k. Accelerating at 3k, when well past it.

“By maintaining a constant speed on departure it will allow the FMS to sequence more accurately”
There's alot of pointy things on the 320 heading... I wonder If aero data ran those numbers yet..
I don’t understand why our airline can’t be normal. Look at the f’n departure, brief it and go fly! It’s not rocket science, it’s a freaking RNAV departure! So many people are going to be screwed when they go to an airline that actually flies to more than 8 destinations and doesn’t issue a cliff notes guide to every airport. Grow up, be a pilot and then go home and live your life!
Quote: I don’t understand why our airline can’t be normal. Look at the f’n departure, brief it and go fly! It’s not rocket science, it’s a freaking RNAV departure! So many people are going to be screwed when they go to an airline that actually flies to more than 8 destinations and doesn’t issue a cliff notes guide to every airport. Grow up, be a pilot and then go home and live your life!
What do you mean by “go home”? I don’t know what that is.
Quote: What do you mean by “go home”? I don’t know what that is.
That place you do your laundry and pay for all year long but get to see it for way less than half of the year.
Quote: That place you do your laundry and pay for all year long but get to see it for way less than half of the year.
I spent over 230 nights in a hotel room last year.. wtf
Quote: I spent over 230 nights in a hotel room last year.. wtf
That's what 11 days off a month looks like, kids. 11 x 12 = 132
365 - 132 = 233 days @ work (i.e. hotels).

Just remember that when they try to mask over our problems with a pay raise.

Endeavor rates + 1.
4 on 2 off 4 on 2 off 4 on 3 off 4 on 2 off 4 on 2 off 4 on 2 off
298  348  388  394  395  396  397  398  399  400  401  402  408  448  498 
Page 398 of 697
Go to