Hageland Aviation-Ravn Alaska

Subscribe
13  19  20  21  22  23  24  25 
Page 23 of 25
Go to
Quote: Hope it's false, but that's exactly what Great Lakes did 6 months prior...
I didn't know that, but in Great Lakes' case it seems plausible. Great Lakes had been doing an end-run around the ATP minimums by pulling all but 9 seats out of their 1900's so that they could operate scheduled service under part 135, and avoid the part 121 atp requirement. Wouldn't be too terribly surprising if the the FAA put the kibosh on that, or someone discovered that it's not in compliance with the Essential Air Services contracts which were what kept the lights on at Great Lakes, or some other reason why they couldn't continue operating their 9 seat 1900's under part 135.

I can at least imagine reasons for Great Lakes requiring 121 minimums. Hagelands actually does operate under 135 so that would be an odd step with no apparent benefit for them.
Hageland Update
1-Hageland CEO cuts pay
2-Hageland pilots quit
3-Hageland announces a bonus of $200 a day to work extra and cover for pilots that quit
4-Hageland payroll now more than before

Dip****s
Quote: 1-Hageland CEO cuts pay
2-Hageland pilots quit
3-Hageland announces a bonus of $200 a day to work extra and cover for pilots that quit

Dip****s
Didn't the chief pilot also move on?
Quote: Didn't the chief pilot also move on?
Earlier in the thread a guy who seems to be employed there aid that the DO and the CP have left.
Quote: Earlier in the thread a guy who seems to be employed there aid that the DO and the CP have left.
The former DO went to the 121 side of the house and is a good guy. The CP left for Alaska Airlines.
This place worth applying to since the new changes came into play? I’d be commuting from South Florida
Quote: This place worth applying to since the new changes came into play? I’d be commuting from South Florida
I haven't ever flown for Hagelands, and all the guys I know personally who have were there long enough ago that it wouldn't be relevant to today's Hagelands. That said, it appears that they have a new CEO who thinks that it's a smart move in today's pilot market to *cut* the pay of people who are doing a tough job in an unattractive location and who have more opportunities than in any previous hiring market is recent decades. You probably ought to think really seriously about whether that's the lind of management intellect and philosophy you want to work under.
Quote: 1-Hageland CEO cuts pay
2-Hageland pilots quit

Dip****s
Roughly 15 Captain and 5 SIC vacancies next month all going for an extra $200/day.

Looks like the pay cut is already saving the company money! Oh wait...
Quote: Roughly 15 Captain and 5 SIC vacancies next month all going for an extra $200/day.

Looks like the pay cut is already saving the company money! Oh wait...
Hoisted by their own petards.

Can’t help but think this is potentially the beginning of the end for H6.

‘squatch
who supports the bethel 180
Quote: This place worth applying to since the new changes came into play? I’d be commuting from South Florida
You will still learn a heckuva lot as an SIC if you get paired up with a good captain, but once you hit IFR 135 or ATP mins, I'm having a lot of trouble coming up with a reason people would choose to stick around in this market.
13  19  20  21  22  23  24  25 
Page 23 of 25
Go to