TradeWind Aviation

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 
Page 5 of 14
Go to
Quote: Any advise about what pilots do as far as housing when flying out of San Juan. Trying to understand my options.
If you don't want to stay at TW apartment TW pays 750$ a month in case you want your own place
Anyone else starting on the 30th?
Hey guys,
their website says:must be able to relocate to within 90 minutes from base.
Is that negotiable? I live 2 hours from White Plains.
Thanks,
Pat
Is moving down to SJU during the winter required? Any chance of flying full time out of HPN? I live like 60 minutes away.
Quote: Is moving down to SJU during the winter required? Any chance of flying full time out of HPN? I live like 60 minutes away.

Is not required. If you don’t wanna move you’ll stay at NE.
Quote: Hey guys,
their website says:must be able to relocate to within 90 minutes from base.
Is that negotiable? I live 2 hours from White Plains.
Thanks,
Pat
On standby days you need to be ready to go at your base in 90 minutes from the call.
Update on Tradewind
Just a FYI:

Was just curious about their training contract, and if they have one. Was going to apply for their HOU PIC position.

Per their HR,”There is a one year 25k training contract required.”

Thanks, but no thanks. A PC12 does not require a type rating. I can understand system training, etc. is required, but I cannot see how a $25k contract is required. I flew for a 135 on a twin-turbine last year and they did not require a training contract. My citation type rating did not even costs $20k
Quote: Just a FYI:

Was just curious about their training contract, and if they have one. Was going to apply for their HOU PIC position.

Thanks, but no thanks. A PC12 does not require a type rating. I can understand system training, etc. is required, but I cannot see how a $25k contract is required. I flew for a 135 on a twin-turbine last year and they did not require a training contract. My citation type rating did not even costs $20k
I worked at another PC-12 operator that required a month of class and 5 sims at flightsafety, and their contract was less than half that. Seems punitive.
Quote: Just a FYI:

The training costs close to $25k all in. Sim alone is $20k (4x4hr sim sessions plus checkride). 12 months commitment isn't much to ask, and it is pro-rated.
The contract is only for PICs, SICs start with no contract, the contract starts at PIC upgrade.
Quote: I worked at another PC-12 operator that required a month of class and 5 sims at flightsafety, and their contract was less than half that. Seems punitive.
Having a training contract for SICs is punitive...

Tradewind has a contract that starts at PIC upgrade, and our PIC salary + the latest bonus and hard day pay increases make it one of the highest paying 135 jobs around.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 
Page 5 of 14
Go to