Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

TradeWind Aviation

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2018, 05:00 PM
In a land of unicorns

Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: Whale FO

Originally Posted by twebb View Post
I'm guessing that's with working on days off?
We have a few very senior guys who will make six figures without working days off. Working days off (there's plenty available for PICs) obviously adds quite a nice chunk of cash to your paycheck too.
Old 03-04-2018, 09:27 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2017

Originally Posted by twebb View Post
I'm guessing that's with working on days off?
No .. top pay PIC 80k plus 20k plus perdiem 10k = 110k . If you work some days off let’s say one a month or 12 year at 600$ is 7200$ so close to 120k.
First year pic can make about 80k .
If you stay here long term you can be making 140 150k .
There is another big benefit living in PR .. it is tax ... pr based pilots make 5 k more a year and if you are under 40 y/o one pays tax on 40k even you made 80k .. so your tax return in PR can be 10k .
So do your math ...
Old 03-08-2018, 11:41 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2015

Just got a call! Skype interview tomorrow, if that goes well a trip to CT for sims!! I’m pumped about this one!! Any tips or advice?? Seems like a pretty cut and dry IFR eval, I’ve done two technicals with PS and BTQ before and both went well.
Old 03-08-2018, 11:56 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2012

Originally Posted by MaxMar View Post
Just got a call! Skype interview tomorrow, if that goes well a trip to CT for sims!! I’m pumped about this one!! Any tips or advice?? Seems like a pretty cut and dry IFR eval, I’ve done two technicals with PS and BTQ before and both went well.

PM dera, he can guide you big time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 03-08-2018, 12:04 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2017
Position: Flying a desk

Good Luck its a great company to work for!
Old 03-08-2018, 03:34 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2015

Originally Posted by Javichu View Post
PM dera, he can guide you big time
Done! Thanks!

Originally Posted by JetAJunkie View Post
Good Luck its a great company to work for!
So I've heard! I'm excited about the oppurtunity
Old 03-08-2018, 04:21 PM
In a land of unicorns

Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: Whale FO

Done! Thanks!

So I've heard! I'm excited about the oppurtunity
Replied, good luck!
Old 03-13-2018, 09:48 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2018

Hey all,

Just a few questions about Tradewind. I meet all 135 PIC mins (along with 121 FO mins) and looking into Tradewind PIC position as an option to be close to home. Had a few other offers in hand but could not accept lengthy and somewhat against the law “contracts”.
  • For someone based In HPN or OXC, how likely am I to overnight in base?
  • Is company willing to Uber flight crew home if you end up close to it (instead of paying for hotel)?
  • Is 4/3 schedule stable or are the 4 days scattered throughout the week?
  • When not flying on your assigned days, are you on call all the time or there’s a set time frame to be available?
  • Is it possible to drop and/or swap trips?
  • What will my timeframe be in order to upgrade? I have some recent Super King Air flight time. Not much, under 50 hrs.

Looking to stay long term and don't really care what to fly. Any info. will be helpful
Old 03-13-2018, 11:28 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2016
Default Contract

I hear mostly good things about Tradewind, seems like they are trending up as far as 135 operators go.

I had an offer from them awhile back, but their new hire contract terms were/are way out of bounds for me. 25k is a lot of money to have to repay. Most pilots at 1200 hours don't have that kind of cash laying around, and therefore could never pay it back. The folks in CT know this, yet they require it nonetheless.
Old 03-13-2018, 11:56 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2018

Originally Posted by TreeShade View Post
I hear mostly good things about Tradewind, seems like they are trending up as far as 135 operators go.

I had an offer from them awhile back, but their new hire contract terms were/are way out of bounds for me. 25k is a lot of money to have to repay. Most pilots at 1200 hours don't have that kind of cash laying around, and therefore could never pay it back. The folks in CT know this, yet they require it nonetheless.
Hmmm that could be a problem for me. I turned down two job offers on great equipment because of these ridiculous “loan” contracts…my attorney said to run away and never look back, I am glad I consulted with him.….and did I tell you, they won’t even hire you before all training is completed!

I would assume then they are not willing to drop it at all? I have few offers from airlines so maybe that can be used to show them how serious I am? Otherwise will not sign anything like that, no way...too bad, I could give them many years of good service.