Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

TradeWind Aviation

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2018, 07:18 PM
In a land of unicorns

Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: Whale FO

It's for 12 months. If you can't commit to that, why even bother applying? It's pro rated too.

Awesome company to work for. Schedule is set 4 on 3 off, not scattered. If they call you on a hard day off, you can say no, or say yes and make $600 a day (as a PIC) (even if it's just a single leg). Not many overnights and the ones we do are pretty cool. Company puts you up in nice hotels.
Old 03-13-2018, 07:23 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2018

Originally Posted by dera View Post
It's for 12 months. If you can't commit to that, why even bother applying? It's pro rated too.
I have no problem committing for 12 month and am actually willing to stay for many years. I guess I will have to review the contract and make sure it is not some kind of a "loan" given by the company to get training done with crazy APR etc......given that I get called for an on-site interview
Old 03-13-2018, 07:31 PM
In a land of unicorns

Originally Posted by NeoPilott View Post
I have no problem committing for 12 month and am actually willing to stay for many years. I guess I will have to review the contract and make sure it is not some kind of a "loan" given by the company to get training done with crazy APR etc......given that I get called for an on-site interview
No, it's not a loan or any rubbish like that. It's a promissory note, and it's pro-rated over the 12 months. After 12 months, you owe nothing and can walk away.
The training is done at Flight Safety in DFW, the sim sessions alone cost around the same as what the contract is for. The contract really is a non-issue if you are willing to stay for a year. And don't forget the 20k/year bonus after your second year as a PIC.
Old 03-13-2018, 08:17 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2015

Just a small update, skype interview went well and I'll be heading out to CT probably in early April for sim session. In the interview, I was also told the PIC contract is being reduced to $17k, prorated monthly. My guy also said he doesn't believe there is any contract to do the ATP and CJ type, which was surprising but cool. I'm hoping to go to DFW if a slot becomes available but will accept HPN.
Old 03-14-2018, 03:25 AM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by dera View Post
No, it's not a loan or any rubbish like that. It's a promissory note, and it's pro-rated over the 12 months. After 12 months, you owe nothing and can walk away.
The training is done at Flight Safety in DFW, the sim sessions alone cost around the same as what the contract is for. The contract really is a non-issue if you are willing to stay for a year. And don't forget the 20k/year bonus after your second year as a PIC.

Great! How long is the training in DFW? Also, considering there is not type ride, is there some sort of evaluation towards the end of training?
Old 03-14-2018, 07:07 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2015

Originally Posted by MaxMar View Post
Just a small update, skype interview went well and I'll be heading out to CT probably in early April for sim session. In the interview, I was also told the PIC contract is being reduced to $17k, prorated monthly. My guy also said he doesn't believe there is any contract to do the ATP and CJ type, which was surprising but cool. I'm hoping to go to DFW if a slot becomes available but will accept HPN.
So they basically screwed up who accepted the 25k contract?
Old 03-14-2018, 07:17 AM
Line Holder

Just to clarify. If someone is hired with Part 135 mins, does the contract start first day of work before being sent to DFW? In other words, I would imagine the company will train potential PIC’s for at least 2-4 month and have them fly as FO’s before sending them to DFW?
Old 03-14-2018, 04:29 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2015

Just to clarify. If someone is hired with Part 135 mins, does the contract start first day of work before being sent to DFW? In other words, I would imagine the company will train potential PIC’s for at least 2-4 month and have them fly as FO’s before sending them to DFW?
I believe both SICs and PICs will receive training in DFW before beginning flying for TW.
Old 03-14-2018, 04:33 PM
In a land of unicorns

Great! How long is the training in DFW? Also, considering there is not type ride, is there some sort of evaluation towards the end of training?
Your 135.293/297/299 are done in the sim. It's a Level D sim.
Old 03-14-2018, 04:34 PM
In a land of unicorns

Originally Posted by MaxMar View Post
I believe both SICs and PICs will receive training in DFW before beginning flying for TW.
That's correct.