Atlas Air pilot negotiations

Subscribe
5  6  7  8  9 
Page 9 of 9
Go to
Quote: Yes, a contract is overdue, but by wishing and hoping that one will magically come together overnight is unrealistic.

Honestly the best thing that can happen to achieve a new CBA is for those at Southern to actively seek employment elsewhere, same goes for Atlas crews- so that attrition is a good tool. This is about the only thing that management understands, and it's a win win situation. The pilot leaving for one of the big 3, FedEx, UPS etc will earn more over the same course of time, and likely beyond until retirement.
Couldn’t agree more. In my opinion this scenario happened at Omni and was one of the main reasons the company changed their tune. It took about six months of solid attrition and then six months of hard fought negotiations to get it done.
Hello, I received an email stating that I'd been placed on the preferential hiring list. Is anyone able to explain what exactly that means? I have availability in one month and haven't really heard anything since.

Is there an average time from the preferential email to notification of a class date?
Quote: No aircraft have been parked by Southern, all aircraft are operating for DHL. Staffing is tight, and attrition is alive and well. A new contract is way overdue.
Union did update

Flights WERE CANCLED DUE TO LACK OF STAFF. I don’t know how they covered them. THey could of been moved to one of our competitors, likely ATI (lowest bidder scab airline) That said it doesn’t change the facts they can’t staff 737s because of the absolute $#!t pay and ZERO work rules. 777s to follow for the same reason I’m sure here at some point soon.
To make a long story short, I’m in my last semester of my aviation program and one of my classes is Aviation Law. I need to write a part on two court cases af the airline level. It has to be pending, I need to know what the dispute is, and what court is hearing the case out. I can do the rest of from there. Any and all help would be appreciated! Thanks!
5  6  7  8  9 
Page 9 of 9
Go to