Go Back   Airline Pilot Central Forums - Find your next job as a Pilot > >
Charter Part 121 pax charter airlines
 

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-08-2018, 12:15 PM   #61
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2014
Posts: 534
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundpointfife View Post
People are also voting with their feet. Having captain upgrades quit in the middle of class is quite a statement. I'd consider that a vote of no confidence.
A formal vote of no confidence wouldn't shock me at some point. The Captains are going to continue bolting this year. I know a 747 Captain is in the Feb 12th class at UPS and I know 2 more 747 Captains in the pool there..... The 767 guys will leave in droves. There's just no reason to stay at Atlas in either 767 seat. I flew with a female who's got a Delta interview yesterday. I know several more FOs in the pool at UPS and one at United.

The rumor is that now they're redoubling efforts trying to force us into an Amalgamation by petitioning the new judge. We'll see what happens, but every month that guys leave the pressure will increase exponentially. They need that Amalgamation now and their "Kalitta +$1" contract right now.
Globemaster2827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 02:11 PM   #62
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2013
Posts: 191
Default

Even if the judge ruled today in management's favor and ordered arbitration......I expect that we would appeal. That is another 10-12 plus months of waiting for the courts to rule.

Even if we lose the appeal it will take another 12 months plus for the arbitration process to play out.

Minimum of 2 years for an arbitrated contract. Meanwhile the floodgates will be wide open and the loss of pilots will be double or triple what it is now and the flow of new pilots will diminish somewhat.

Morale will sink to unbelievably low levels and sick and fatigue calls will skyrocket.

At that point Flynn and his cronies become vulnerable to regime change by the Board of Directors.
CargoPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 11:14 AM   #63
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2014
Posts: 534
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CargoPirate View Post
Even if the judge ruled today in management's favor and ordered arbitration......I expect that we would appeal. That is another 10-12 plus months of waiting for the courts to rule.

Even if we lose the appeal it will take another 12 months plus for the arbitration process to play out.

Minimum of 2 years for an arbitrated contract. Meanwhile the floodgates will be wide open and the loss of pilots will be double or triple what it is now and the flow of new pilots will diminish somewhat.

Morale will sink to unbelievably low levels and sick and fatigue calls will skyrocket.

At that point Flynn and his cronies become vulnerable to regime change by the Board of Directors.
The company's thinking that a "Kalitta +$1" Amalgamation Contract that eliminates attrition would come shortly after winning that law suit is very naive. It'll be 3 or 4 years of this dumpster fire and even then other ACMI carriers would be reopening contracts plus majors reopening. The Dumpster Fire can continue forever or Industry Standard. Their choice.
Globemaster2827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 08:23 PM   #64
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2013
Posts: 243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globemaster2827 View Post
The company's thinking that a "Kalitta +$1" Amalgamation Contract that eliminates attrition would come shortly after winning that law suit is very naive. It'll be 3 or 4 years of this dumpster fire and even then other ACMI carriers would be reopening contracts plus majors reopening. The Dumpster Fire can continue forever or Industry Standard. Their choice.
Kalitta+$1.....what are you high or something?

Our bidness men think they can get "Kalitta + $.01" and then get work rules concessions .

They think they are the greatest airline bidness men and that is why they gave themselves $71 mil last year.
Screwed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 05:34 AM   #65
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2014
Posts: 534
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwed View Post
Kalitta+$1.....what are you high or something?

Our bidness men think they can get "Kalitta + $.01" and then get work rules concessions .

They think they are the greatest airline bidness men and that is why they gave themselves $71 mil last year.
"$1" is what I've been using but if you want to use "$.01" then ok. They think that a pay rate better than Kalitta's with work rule concessions will keep guys here. I know one guy who will be out the door if they do that...
Globemaster2827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 05:01 PM   #66
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2013
Posts: 243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globemaster2827 View Post
"$1" is what I've been using but if you want to use "$.01" then ok. They think that a pay rate better than Kalitta's with work rule concessions will keep guys here. I know one guy who will be out the door if they do that...
A new pay rate will drastically increase the flow of FNG's. Most of them won't even bother to look at the work rules.
Screwed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 05:26 AM   #67
Gets Weekends Off
 
Bruno82's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: BE9L, Captain
Posts: 159
Default

Is ending home basing still on the table?
Bruno82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 07:14 AM   #68
Gets Weekends Off
 
Twin Wasp's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2007
Position: Asst. button pusher
Posts: 2,280
Default

We're not home based, it's gateway basing. Main difference is you travel on days off and there can be tax implications. Company proposed ended it a while back. There hasn't been any progress on economic sectors of the contract to know where it stands.
Twin Wasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 08:49 PM   #69
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Oct 2015
Posts: 65
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno82 View Post
Is ending home basing still on the table?
Yes company has thrown it on the table to end it.
Stratocruzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 10:42 PM   #70
Gets Weekends Off
 
atpcliff's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: Capt
Posts: 2,379
Default

1111111111...stupid software!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundpointfife View Post
With the recent survey sent out by the union, how did everyone answer?

My personal thoughts:
On par with AA, DL, UA etc compensation. Top of the scale within a few bucks.
Yes.
Higher monthly guarantee closer to 75 hours, that is pay protected.
Yes.
16% DC into 401k
Yes...and when your 401K tops out, the money then goes directly to you as regular pay.
Lower insurance premiums.
What we have is OK. I would prefer lower.
This is practically not really feasible without a massive overhaul in our Health Care system, as all costs are skyrocketing...

Minimum day credit of 5 hours.
Yes, EXCEPT...ALL non days off credit 5 hours: Vacation, Training, R1=FULL DAILY RATE!
Line holder days off 15 per 30 day bid period.
I am fine with the current 14/13, as long as we go to either Home Basing or Gateway Basing, and we don't travel on our days off!
Reserve days off 14 per 30 day bid period.
No. Reserves have the same days off as lineholders. If anything, reserves should have an extra day off to help make up for extensions.
More:
ACTUAL PROFIT SHARING! AAWWHoldings Profit Sharing, no floor, no cap...straight %.
Worldwide Home/Gateway Basing.
Bid Line Guarantee.
Pattern Guarantee (this applies if more than one Pattern per bid perioid).
Trip/Day trade/drop/add, as promised by the company about 4 years ago!!!
Deahead 1:1

feel free to add your requirements...
atpcliff is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
 

 
Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
757 Crews Are “Fuming” Over Poor Cabin Air Quality Freightbird FedEx 22 08-12-2016 11:12 PM
Atlas Purchases Southern Air MD-11Loader Cargo 212 05-06-2016 10:20 AM
Atlas Air Press Release GIANT PILOT Cargo 33 06-13-2008 05:22 PM
SkyWest looking to buy MAG, XJT, or both Deez340 Regional 160 05-06-2008 09:41 PM
ABX Air Declares DHL in Fault of Agreement Jurassic Jet Cargo 26 11-15-2007 07:16 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:20 AM.


vBulletin® v3.9.3.3, Copyright ©2000-2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©2000 - 2017 Internet Brands, Inc.